Mixed signals

Tris' POV

I read the words over in my mind "Tris will you marry me." A smile spreads across my face and a tear rolls down my cheek. I slowly turn to see my handsome Tobias down on one knee smiling his handsome smile. A sudden rush of nausea hits me. Holding a hand over my mouth i run to the nearest tree and vomit. "I see." Tobias says packing up the blanket and heading to the car. No, no that's not what I meant. "Yes" i say still clutching my stomach. He turns and looks hurt. "What?" he asks in a worried voice. "Yes, i will marry you." i say deciding i felt fine enough to run to him. "Then what the hell was that?" he asks still looking offended. "I don't know. But i do know that i have loved you, and always will love you, no matter what happens i could never love anyone other than you. Yes, i will marry you." i said embracing him. "You know i was supposed to be the one giving the speech." he said as he slid the silver ring onto my finger. "Yea well, we aren't the most traditional couple." i said. He leans down to kiss me but i shake my head no. "Not yet. I need to brush my teeth." i said blushing. 

When we got home i headed straight for the bathroom and vomited again. I could hear Natalie crying in the living room asking why mommy was sick. Tobias calmed her down enough and came in with me. "You ok?" he asks, rubbing my back. "No." i said leaning against the bathtub. But as i moved i had to vomit once more. Tobias held my hair back and continued to rub my back. I had texted Christina when i first got in the house, she should be here any minute. "Tris, I'm no expert on this stuff, but isn't vomiting a sign of... you know..." he trails off. "I've already called Christina and asked her to bring a test over. So, i don't know" i say. He sits on the edge of the bath tub and i lay my head on his legs. He combs his hands through my hair until i hear a knock at the door. "Hey" Christina smiles as she hands me a box. "Thanks" i smile back. "Text me if you need me." she smiles and leaves. I look at the box and set it on the floor. I'm still not feeling right and don't trust myself to move. "You gonna take it?" Tobias asks with a shaky voice. "I don't feel good." he nods and kisses my forehead. "Do you think sleeping would make it feel better?" he asked. I nod but don't move. His arms slip under my knee's and my around my shoulders. Gently he puts me on our bed and puts a bucket on the floor. When he sits down next to me i move and put my head on his chest, listening to his heart beat. "This isn't how i imagined this night would go" i say with a hint of disappointment. "Well to be honest me either, but i don't care because you said yes." he smiles. I look up and before i vomit into the bucket i ask "Why woudn't i?" he contains a laugh and scrunches his nose at the same time. "Well for one, you did that." he said. Getting up slowly he emptied the bucket and let me sleep for a while. I stared at my ring after the door closed. It was a sliver ring with small diamonds surrounding a large one in the middle. Taking it off i notice on the inside there is an inscription that reads 4 & 6.  I smile, then i hear giggling in the other room. He is so good with her. More than i would have expected. After a while i find it hard to keep my eyes open and soo drift off to sleep.