Finding Her

Tobias' POV

She's going to be fine. I'll find her. We're going to be a family. She's going to be fine.

She wasn't fine.

I got to Erudite and saw Will sitting on a bench outside. His head was in his hands. Zeke was pacing in front of him and Uriah was sitting next to the bench staring into space. "Four wait" Zeke said trying to stop me. "What happened. Why are you out here?" I asked angrily. They didn't speak, just looked at each other in silence. "WHAT HAPPENED TO HER?" I screamed. Zeke put his hand on my shoulder and led me to a window. Looking in I saw a small hospital room with a small figure laying on a metal table. It reminded me so much of when Tris almost died I thought I would be sick. Next to the table was a monitor that carried a flat line on the screen. No, not a flat line, a small wave would occur every once in a while. But i knew what it meant. She was dying, and standing next to her doing absolutely nothing was her jackass uncle. "She's dying. I don't know what he's doing. If we go in there we could kill her." Zeke said in barely a whisper. "We could also save her." I said. So many thoughts ran through my mind. She didn't want me to leave her, and I did. I had Christina take her and she left me. "I'll see you soon." my last words to her. "Four, I just got a text from Christina, Tris wants to know when you and Natalie will be home." Will said from the bench. I told Tris we found her. I didn't lie. But this wasn't what i had in mind. "Give me your phone. I'm need to explain this." i said grabbing the phone out of Will's hand and dialed Christina's number. "Hello?" "Put Tris on the phone" some mumbling "Where is she. Let me talk to her." she cried. I let out a shaky sigh "Tris, you need to listen. They did find her. But she's with Caleb, and on the verge of dying. If i go in there i could be responsible for her death. I don't know what to do." i say almost crying in the phone. "You could also save her." Tris said weakly over the phone. "That's exactly what I said. Tris, I told her I wouldn't leave her. What if she never get's her puppy. Tris this is all my fault." i say leaning against a random brick wall. I was far enough from the boys that they wouldn't hear me cry. So i did. "Tobias Eaton this is not your fault. You know if she had been here it would have been the twins too. You've saved me before, this is no different." she said in her calming voice. "This is extremely different! I never saved you from death! In fact I did the exact opposite of that, I wasn't there and you got hurt. If i go in there and she dies I don't know how I'll live with myself." i shouted into the phone. I could faintly hear crying, not Tris' but one of the babies, then someone probably Christina hushing them. "Sorry" i mumble. "Tobias, please, he's my brother. You know you can take him. Especially if the boys are with you. Please just save my baby." Tris was now crying. "I'll try. I love you" i say. She mumbles  you too and hangs up. 

The four of us burst into the room and Caleb threw his clipboard in shock. I would have laughed had i not seen the activity increase in the heart machine thing. I didn't hesitate in going to Natalie and making sure she was ok. As ok as it can get anyway. The other three went to Caleb and were threatening him and beating him. "Natty, it's daddy. Baby it's ok i'm right here." i say holding her fragile little hand. She was so cold. And so much like Tris on that metal table. "D-Daddy?" she stuttered. Then looking at all the tubes she was hooked up too, she began to scream bloody murder. "Shh, shh it's ok. We're going to get you out of here. Don't worry. It's ok." i say holding her to me. "Did i get a brover or sista?" she asked. I let out a relieved laugh "Both" i whispered. She pulled away from my arms with her wide blue eyes staring at me. "REALLY!?" she exclaimed. I nodded and laughed. "What is there names?" she asked. I sat on the metal table and carefully put her on my lap. "Your brothers name is Mason and your sisters name is Kayla" she smiled and hugged me. "Daddy?" she asked looking up. "Yes?" I asked back. "Where do babies come from?" she asked so innocently. I'm sure i went pale and my face dropped. Uriah started cracking up somewhere behind me. "I'll- Mommy will tell you when you're older." i smiled weakly. She shrugged and hugged me again. This time i hugged her back. After a few minutes i could hear the fight behind me stop and footsteps come up from behind me. "Natalie, I am so sorry. I shouldn't be doing this. I mean i'm your uncle for goodness sake." Caleb said from the monitor. He was unplugging a bunch of wires. Natalie buried herself into my chest and cried as he came near her. All i did was glare. Once she was all unhooked i got off the table and picked her up. It was almost midnight and she was half asleep. "Uriah, take her to my car I'll be right there." i said handing her to Uriah. "Alright short stuff lets go." he said teasingly. Once they were out of the room i walked to Caleb who was leaned up against the wall. I tapped his shoulder and as he turned my fist connected with his jaw. "That's for Tris, had she not been... sick she would have done it." i hiss on my way out the door.