Three

Tris' POV

Tomorrow is Natalie's third birthday and this weekend is our wedding. We decided that we didn't want to wait for the baby to be born so we are getting married as soon as possible. Nothing much, just our close friends and what little family we have left. Christina helped me with everything from the dress to the flowers.It's going to take place right where Tobias proposed, under the Ferris wheel. 

As for Natalie's birthday, we planned a small party for her because this is the first birthday that Tobias will be with her. "MOMMY MOMMY tomorrow my birfday!" Natalie shouted as she tried climbing into our bed. "I know! And how old are you going to be?" i ask. Tobias picks her up when she is obviously struggling and she holds up three fingers. "I'm gonna be thwee" she says. "That's right!" i say giving her a smile. "Will daddy be there?" she asks Tobias. "Why wouldn't i be?" Tobias asks sitting up with her in his lap. "I get scared when daddy leaves. Don't leave on my birfday" she says clinging to his chest. Tobias just looks over at me with a helpless expression. "Honey, Daddy will never leave you ok?" i say. Tobias just continues to hold her as if he never wants to let go. And to be honest, i wouldn't either. "Ok" she says clutching to Tobias even harder. For a while i sit there. I had no idea that she was scared to leave her father. Her whole life only consisted of seeing him on video from three years ago. But i guess there is a love that can't be broken between them. Tobias kisses the top of her head and rocks her in his strong arms. "I love you baby girl"

The next day i set up pink and purple decorations around the house. Today especially i felt nauseous, which didn't help with Natalie's anxiety. All day she clung to Tobias' leg and it worried us deeply. And as i vomited she would cry her head off that mommy was sick. I don't think she quite understands the fact that i'm pregnant. But to be honest i don't think i've faced the reality yet. "Happy birthday Natty!" Christina shrieks as she walks through the door. "Hi, aunti Cwistina" Natalie smiles as she runs to Christina and Will. "Hey save some love for uncle Uri" Uriah whines behind Will. "URI!" Natalie yells in Christina's ear. "Hey short-stuff!" he says picking her up and twirling her around. The night goes well, i don't have to vomit and Tobias starts to relax a little. "Ok time for cake!" he says "Of course you would announce it" Zeke says elbowing Tobias' shoulder. "Of course i would" Tobias laughs. As we sing happy birthday Natalie dances and laughs in Tobias' arms. As Natalie blows out the candles i hear a knock at the door and go to answer it. "Caleb" i stutter as i open the door. I'm sure i had a look of horror on my face, because he laughs and says "Don't worry I won't hurt you" i'm taken aback by this. "Leave" i say bluntly. "I want to see her" he says. "No. I forbid you to ever go near her. Do you know the pain you caused her? The pain you caused me?" i didn't realize it but i was yelling now. I hear a small scream from behind me and spin to see Natalie crying and practically crawling up Tobias' arm. "See. You frighten her. Get out." i say. "But Beatrice don't you see? The child of two divergent's one of which defied the death serum! The child's possibilities are endless!" he says with evil in his eye. "She is NOT your test subject" i said slamming the door. Locking it and sliding down it with tears in my eyes. "Move" i hear. Looking up i see Zeke, Uriah, Will, and Christina. "What?" i ask. "Go comfort her" Christina says, with a knowing anger in her eyes. I nod and walk over to my baby girl. She and Tobias are sitting on the couch, she's crying for mommy. "MOMMY, MOMMY" she screamed. I sit next to Tobias and he looks at me with a concerned face. "Honey i promise you that awful man won't get you." i say. She looks up at me with her puffy eyes and crawls across Tobias to me. Together we hold her until i hear a door open. Zeke, Uriah, Will, and Christina walk in. i watch as Zeke washes blood off his knuckles. "Should we leave?" Uriah asks. Tobias nods. "Happy birthday Natty See ya soon." Christina says as they leave. 

We let Natalie sleep with us that night. I feel awful. My demonic brother ruined my daughters birthday. When i'm sure everyone was asleep i slowly move to get a breath of fresh air. What happened to abnegation Caleb, who was the most selfless person i met, other than my parents. "Mommy, don't leave me." i hear her soft voice say from the bed. Tobias has her in his arms for they fell asleep like that. "I'm... ok. I'm sorry for today." i whisper. She moves out of Tobias' arms not bothering to let him sleep. His eyes bolt open as he checks to make sure his girls are alright. "Everyone ok?" he asks groggily. "Sweetheart what would you like for your birthday. I know it's late but I can't help but feel like you deserve something super special." i say playing with her thin hair. "A PUPPY!" she exclaims. Tobias and I exchange looks and he lets out a tired sigh. "I'll tell you what. Just because you're daddy's princess, we'll go get you a puppy." he says tickling her from behind. I look at him, shocked that he said yes. Soon enough she lets out a tired yawn and rests her head in between ours. She looks at me and smiles "I love you mommy" then she turns around and says "I love you daddy." then turning back to me she squirms down to my stomach and says "I love you sista or brover" then she closes her eyes and falls asleep. I look at Tobias and we share a moment of complete and utter happiness.