Sick

Tobias' POV

It's been a few weeks and everything seems to have gone back to normal. I go back to work, Natalie starts preschool in the fall, Tris had her twenty first birthday in early July and the twins are now crawling all over creation. In short life has never been better.

*********

I wake up one hot day in mid July to a loud crash in my bathroom. "Tris?" i ask walking in the door. Tris is kneeling on the floor clutching the toilet bowl for dear life. "You all right?" i ask weakly, already knowing the answer. She gives me a death glare and retorts "What do you think?" i throw my hands up in surrender and sit next to her. She lets go of the toilet and lays her head in my lap. "What did i eat last night?" she moans. "Nothing that i didn't eat." She looks at me with wide eyes. Then lurches forward and vomits into the toilet again. "Tris, I'm going to go check on the kids ok?" i ask. She grabs my wrist and pulls me back down shaking her head no. "Don't leave me." I nod and lean her against my chest, rubbing small circles in her back. Then i hear a cry in one of the baby monitors signaling someone is hungry. I look at Tris and realize she's fallen asleep. So carefully i picked her up bridal style and put her on the bed. 

"Who's hungry?" i ask in my baby voice. Mason was propping himself up in his crib, a newly found skill. He giggles and reaches his arms up as i reach to pick him up. "That'a boy. Always eating" i laugh. Going to Kayla's room she is still halfway asleep so i put Mason on the floor and pick her up. "Hey squirt hungry?" she giggles and nods her head. I pick Mason up and walk downstairs to the kitchen to find Natalie waiting for me. "What took you so long? I'm hungry!" she whines. I laugh and put the twins in their highchairs. Giving Natalie their food i say "Do me a favor and feed them while i make pancakes." She grins and grabs the food out of my hands. I started the pancakes and every once in a awhile checking on the kids. Natalie is making plane noises and feeding them. Mason and Kayla however are not amused and are trying to take the spoon out of her hand. A smile creeps on my face. "Natty let them try eating on their own." i say flipping the last chocolate chip pancake. She hands the spoon over to Mason and he gladly takes it and shoves the empty spoon in his mouth. I laugh when he gets a disappointed look on his face. "Buddy you need food first" i laugh. Kayla gets the hang of it, even if the spoon is in an awkward position place in her hand. When they finish their food i clap and let them sit there and drink something while Natalie and I eat our pancakes. "Where's mommy?" Natalie asks shoving her pancakes in her face. "She's asleep still, and don't talk with your mouth full" i say pointing my fork at her. "Should we wake her up?" she asks, swallowing first. "No. I think she must have eaten something funny and isn't feeling very well." i say. 

After breakfast i go check on Tris while Natalie plays with the twins. "Hey. You ok?" She shakes her head no. "What's wrong?" i ask kneeling down next to her side of the bed. "I feel icky" she smiles because that's what Natalie says every time she feels sick. I put my hand on her forehead "You don't have a fever. And i hate to tell you this but i ate everything you did yesterday and i feel fine." she squeezes her eyes shut and grips my hand. I run and get the trashcan from the bathroom just in time for Tris to spill her guts into it. "Do me a favor?" she asks. I nod and she continues "Go get Christina, or one of the girls." I nod and text Christina. "She will be here soon." i sit with her and wait till i hear the familiar shriek "AUNT CHRISTINA!"