"Family"

Tris' POV

I'm shaken awake. Groaning i struggle to open my eyes. "What?" i mumble. "MOMMY! UNCLE ZEKE IS HERE!" Natalie screams. I look at my clock and it reads eleven o'clock. "Can you go get daddy for me?" i ask. I want to move by myself but i don't want to fall and injure myself more. Natalie runs out of the room and Tobias runs in a few seconds later. "What's wrong are you ok?" he asked. I laughed "I'm fine. I just need some help here" he sighs in relief and grabs my arm as i sit up cautiously. I also see Natalie standing behind the door with the same concerned look her father has. "Sweetheart come here" I'm now sitting up on the bed. She comes in a few steps and stops behind Tobias' leg. "I don't bite come here." i say patting the bed next to me. She sits on the bed but at a distance. "Natalie sweety mommy is fine. There is no need to be afraid of me." "What if i hurt you?" she asks. I sigh "I'm not worried about that. Did uncle Zeke bring aunt Shauna and the baby?" i ask changing the topic. She nods her head and looks at my arm which Tobias is still holding. "Well lets go then!" i giggle. Standing slowly and with the help of Tobias we walk downstairs to the living room. The twins are in their playpen next to the couch which Princess is trying to get in but her little legs won't carry her over the pen. "Hey!" i squeal. I see Shauna smiling at the baby girl in her arms. "She's beautiful Shauna" i say sitting slowly next to her. "Nice job" Tobias says patting Zeke on the back. "How are you?" Zeke asks putting a hand on my shoulder. "Me? I'm fine. But this isn't about me. This is about baby Sophia" i smile. "Would you like to hold her?" She asks. I nod. I take the baby from her arms and rock her in my own. She's so tiny and so cute, not really looking like anyone yet. "We would like you to be the godparents" Shauna said in a whisper. I smile at her and say "Thank you!"

That night we have a "Family" dinner consisting of Uriah, Marlene, Zeke, Shauna, Sophia, Christina, Will, Cara, Tobias, the kids and I. It's nearing the end of June and my birthday is in two weeks. We sit outside and eat our hamburgers. Then someone mentions swimming and we get into the pool that is in our backyard. It starts at three feet and ends at eight feet. I hold Natalie at the three foot end while everyone but Shauna are at the eight foot end swimming around. "Come on Tris!" they all smile and motion towards the deep end. I hesitate and nod towards Natalie. She has a cute pink polka dot one piece on with The Little Mermaid swim floaties on her arm. "She can go play with Cara come on!" Christina yells. I shake my head and continue to play with Natalie. "What's wrong why won't you come down with us?" Tobias asks swimming over to me. Going under he sneaks up and picks Natalie up and throws her in the air. She squeals landing back in his arms. "I don't want to get my hair wet?" I don't know who i'm trying to convince me or him. "You don't know how to swim do you?" he teases. "I was Abnegation they didn't teach us!" i say defending myself. "Come my lovely ladies and let us teach you how." he says. I groan but he takes Natalie and drops her in the water. "I do it if mommy does it" she says. I smile. I really don't want to do this.

"That was so embarrassing." i say launching myself on the bed. I learned to swim and they all stared at me. In the end i did learn but didn't really care. "You did great!" Tobias laughs from the bathroom. When he comes out he has on only his sleep pants. I'm not conscious of the fact that i'm staring. "Like the view?" he asks. I laugh "I'd like it more up close and personal." He raises and eyebrow and i imitate him. He jumps on the bed sending me in the air and landing next to him. Then we go at. I realize to late that we hadn't used protection and the doctors at the old Erudite headquarters told me to stop taking birth control for a few months until the experiments were out of my system. I decide that what happens will happen. 

I wake up naked next to Tobias. He is already awake and seems to be staring at me. "Like the view?" i laugh. "I'd like it better up close and personal." he said mocking me. In return i whacked him in the arm. "Gross" i laugh. Then i hear a shuffle outside the door. "Mommy? Daddy?" Natalie asked from outside. I rushed to the bathroom trying to grab my robe as i did. Tobias was right on my heels grabbing his pants that were on the floor. I threw the robe on and Tobias slid his pants on and we stare at each other and laugh. Then kiss. "MOMMY?" i hear her cry. Rushing out the door i see her curled up on the bed behind the pillows. "What's wrong sweetheart?" i asked rushing to her. She looked at me and pointed to the door. "He's here" she sniffed. I nodded and looked at Tobias who was putting a shirt on. He nodded in acknowledgement and walked out the door and down the stairs. "Natty, uncle Caleb won't hurt you i promise." i say taking her in my arms. She hugs me tightly as we walk down the stairs. "Tris" Caleb nods as we enter the kitchen. Tobias has the twins in their highchairs and is trying to feed them some mushed up food. "Caleb, how long until they figure it out?" i ask. He shrugs "They won't. I told them the truth." my jaw dropped and Tobias looked at him. "What?" "I realized after Tobias came and talked to me, i put you all through this, had i just told them you never would have been tested on." He hangs his head and fiddles with his thumbs. "Caleb it's ok. Thank you." i say. Putting Natalie on a kitchen chair i hug him. "Mommy?" "Yes?" "Is uncle Caleb the good guy now?" i laugh. "Yes Uncle Caleb is the good guy now." She smiles and hugs his legs. "Good" Caleb looks at me and smiles. "So your serum, it can't bring people back like Jeanine and stuff right?" Tobias asked from his chair. Mason was sitting in his blue high chair with something green all over his face. I take the corner of his bib and wipe it off his mouth. "No. I made them promise that they wouldn't bring anyone back with my consent. They didn't like it at first but i told them it was my only request and they let me have it." he smiles and picks Natalie up. "How would you like some ice cream?" he asks. Her blue eyes grow wide and she smiles her fathers smile "YAY!" she squeals. I grab the two baby carriers and strap the twins into the car. I look at Tobias and he has a smirk on his face. "What?" "I love you" "I know. I love you too"