chapter 19

But after thinking a while he accepted this as even the higher level beast can change their size not to mention the divine beast like Moon Lighting beast.

He looked at Yuki whose face was still pale and began to worry. Although Yuki said that sleeping is enough he was still concerned. He removed Yuki's arm which was around him with great difficulty.

After confirming that Yuki have no external injuries Kiyoshi took the book to see if he can cure the internal injuries using the kis- 'cough' his innate healing technique.

When he was about to open the book his eyes caught something golden on his right hand to be exact on his index finger. When he got a closer look he found a 王 (king) symbol on his finger.

Its so minute that he would have missed it if not for the golden color. But he was sure that it was not present when he was transmigrated. Also this letter seems familiar like he had seen it somewhere.

As Kiyoshi was thinking this he saw the Moon Lighting beast who was siting near him still in its small kitten form and playing with its tail. If he was a cat lover then he would have been smitten by this scene but sadly or thankfully he was not.

As Kiyoshi was thinking this his eyes caught the symbol on top of the beast's head and froze. He immediately picked it up and had a closer look. No mistake its the same symbol.

Kiyoshi raised the beast to his eye level and stared at it. The beast also stared back and its eyes showed happiness when it saw Kiyoshi's eyes was on it. Kiyoshi silently looked at the beast without saying anything.

At first the beast was happy at getting Kiyoshi's attention but soon it found something was wrong. It gave a puzzled look to Kiyoshi.

Beast: Meow?

Kiyoshi calmly raised his hand and showed the finger which had the symbol and said "What is this?"

The beast looked at the finger and its gaze brightened.

Beast: Meow Meow~

Kiyoshi: ......

The beast looking at Kiyoshi's blank expression became quiet. Then it suddenly showed an enlightened expression.

Beast: Meow Meow~

Master I am so happy~

Kiyoshi who was about to give up talking with the beast suddenly heard a childish voice on his head. He looked around but did not find anything suspicious.

Beast: Meow~

Master~

Kiyoshi brought his attention back to the beast. Just now he clearly heard the voice after the beast meowed.

Kiyoshi: Moon Lighting beast?

Beast: Meow~

Master~

Kiyoshi: .....

Am I dreaming?

Kiyoshi: How can I understand what you are saying?

Beast: Meow Meow~

Because you are my master~

Kiyoshi: .....Why are you calling me your master?

Beast: Meow Meow~

Because you are my master~

Kiyoshi: ...... (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Kiyoshi took a deep breath to calm himself from the impulse of beating the beast.

Kiyoshi: How did I suddenly became your master?

Beast: Meow Meow~

Because of the contract~

Kiyoshi: What contract?

Beast: Meow Meow~

Demon beast contract~

Kiyoshi : .....

when did this happen?

Demon beast contract is as the name states. It is formed between a human and demon beast. This contract is similar to master slave contract so most of the demon beast detest this contract and would rather die than become a contract beast.

Thinking about this Kiyoshi looked at the beast in his hand and asked "How come I have no memory of forming a contract with you".

The beast which was radiating happiness suddenly became stiff. It looked at Kiyoshi with a pitiful expression. If someone saw this scene they would think Kiyoshi was bullying a small helpless beast.

Seeing the beast's behavior Kiyoshi narrowed his eyes.

As if feeling its master's unhappiness the beast meekly meowed.

Beast: Meow~

Master I am Sorry ~ (QAQ)

Kiyoshi: Explain.

Beast: Meow Meow Meow~

I formed the contract when master was asleep~

Kiyoshi gave the beast a complicated look and asked "why"

One must know the demon beast contract was very unfair to the demon beast. The demon beast would be similar to slaves in the contract. The life and death of the demon beast would be in the hands of the master. If the beast died then it will not affect the master but if the master died the beast will die along with the master.

Now looking at the beast which had initiated the contract Kiyoshi don't know how he must feel.

Beast: Meow Meow~

Because I always want to be with master~