02 ; but you're someone

Here's the thing: Wallace is sure that his older sister has super powers.

There's no way that Shelby is as observant as she is, yet she seems to be able to predict whenever Wallace is about to do something he isn't supposed to.

He barely gets through the door from his Thursday detention before Shelby is turning towards him, blue eyes scanning his body for a moment, "You going somewhere tonight?"

Without breaking his stride, Wallace kicks off his black Vans, using the wall by their door to keep his balance for a second before he's turning towards her. "Probably just hanging out with Kinney or something. Why?"

At once, Shelby's eyes tighten in the corners. She's perched behind the island in the kitchen, hands perched on her waist, ashy blonde hair a mess on her head. "Or something?"

"Like maybe going down to La Push," Wallace answers, because not answering would only make her more suspicious. Then, before he can head towards the hallway that leads to his bedroom, Wallace shoots Shelby a patronizing smile over his shoulder. "Anymore questions, detective?"

"I think you should stay home for a few weekends," Shelby begins and Wallace sighs loudly as she weaves around the island to grab the loose fabric of his hoodie and drags him down towards their living room couch and away from his bedroom. "Don't sigh at me, just hear me out."

"I already know what you're going to say," Wallace replies, removing Shelby's grip on his hoodie sleeve. "So there's really no point."

Shelby makes a undignified sound at Wallace's words, cocking her chin upwards. "Then tell me what I'm going to say."

"You're going to say that staying in would help clear the air between Chief Swan and me and have him convinced that I wasn't out looking for anymore trouble." Wallace states, and then at Shelby's tight expression adds, "Plus you just want me home because you don't trust me."

"For good reason." Shelby is quick to reply like she always is.

Because despite being Wallace's main legal guardian, she is still his older sister, and she hadn't wanted kids this early to know how to properly speak to them without judgement. Not that Wallace blames her -- he makes a terrible fake first kid.

"Can I leave now?" Wallace asks, and even though she doesn't give him permission, he stands anyways and heads towards his bedroom. He's just about there when the front door is opening again, and in steps their oldest brother Daniel - whom of which has been traveling from state to state for the past three years.

Daniel's hair is pushed back with a beanie, and he's clutching a large bouquet of wild flowers. His voice is obnoxiously loud, like always, as he shouts. "Hello mi familia!"

On the couch, Shelby's face sours. Her voice is increasingly reminiscent of her facial expression as she stands from the couch and sets her laser eyes on their brother. "Daniel, what are you doing here? You were supposed to call first before just stopping by."

Daniel nonchalantly waltzes into the living room, hand outstretching the flowers towards Shelby in a stupid peace offering. "I did call, just not you. I called Wally, didn't he tell you?"

Shelby points her icy gaze onto Wallace, and Wallace just snarls at his brother, but he can't keep the amusement from his voice. "You texted me saying that you were thinking of coming back home in a few months. Not in three days."

"Months, days, it's a fine line," Daniel states, waving Wallace's words away effortlessly with a tattooed hand. He then kisses Shelby's cheek quickly, to not be so close that she can lash out and harm him. "Either way, I'm here for a bit. The three McAteer's are back."