22 ; foreign pain

Here's the thing: Wallace tended to enjoy cold weather. 

You couldn't really enjoy Forks without it. Well, you couldn't really enjoy Washington as a state if you didn't like the cold. But with that being said, liking something didn't always mean you wanted to take a day trek in it.

"It's snowing," Bella says softly, leaning her shoulder against one of the floor-to-ceiling windows of Edward's simplistically designed room. Her face is clouded by both worry and the sunlight that's struggling to appear through the overcast clouds.

Wallace, from his station beside the bookcase filled with Edward's varying music CD's spares her a glance. He can feel the anxiousness coming from her body and wishes nothing more than to take it away from her. And he would if he weren't feeling it just as strongly himself.

"Alice gave me the necessities," Edward's voice carries into the room, the male holding a stack of clothing in his pale arms as he ushers into the room. Extending one hand in Wallace's direction that holds a pair of lace-up black boots.

Wallace eyes the shoes, taking them from the male's hand. "Boots?"

"Snow boots," Edward corrects, and his golden eyes lock with Wallace's. "And Jasper's, so treat them nice."

Rolling his eyes, Wallace turns with the boots back towards the shelf whenever he hears Edward join Bella, him offering her a collection of thick thermal clothing as well as another pair of maroon colored boots that can't be anyones but Alice's. 

Wallace peers at them for a moment and finds that he doesn't know how to address them even in his own mind. Boyfriend? Girlfriend? Partners? Lovers? It all seems both too little and too much. For a guy who had loved a girl and had taken such a long time in confessing his feelings for her that he had almost lost her completely, having two romantic interests seems widely out of place.

"Stop thinking and come here," This is Bella's voice, and Wallace catches her peering over at him. Her brown eyes glinting with humor as Edward copies her expression in his place beside her. The male no doubt having told her about Wallace's wandering thoughts.

"It's not fair when you gang up on me," Wallace states but does as told. Footsteps light on the white carpet of Edward's bedroom. Despite the open invitation, Wallace finds himself lingering outside of Edward and Bella's proximity, like a planet out of orbit.

A cold hand touches the small of his back. Wallace flickers his eyes down, catching sight of Edward's pale arm extended in his direction as he leads Wallace closer. When Wallace lifts his eyes, he sees that Edward's expression is earnest, if not just as nervous as Wallace's is. For some reason, seeing Edward just as insecure about how to progress their relationship together now that their feelings have been discussed, makes his own nervousness dissipate.

"You know when Alice told me that I'd fallen in love with two guys who are so starkly different yet so terribly similar, I thought she was humoring me," Bella begins, earning both of their eyes on her. A blush works onto her cheeks but she continues, "However, I see the similarities now. Both of you enjoy making simple things difficult."

"Your words wound me," Wallace notes back because bickering with Bella seems like second nature whenever the brunette decides to be snarky. 

Bella cocks her head, a grin forming onto her lips. "Fatally?"

"Please no talk of fatalities," Edward intones and Wallace spares him a grin, noticing absentmindedly how Edward's jibs work into the dynamic he and Bella have. 

Bella seems well used to Edward's tone by now. "That's what happens in war,"

As the words leave her mouth, so does the humor in both her expression and in Edward's eyes. Wallace feels a drop of ice leak into his stomach and frowns, "The wolves back out yet?"