29 ; corona

Here's the thing: Wallace wasn't good at hiding his emotions. They appeared on his face despite all of his best efforts to conceal them and when he went to Dawson's this theory was proven as Dawson's smirk dropped the moment he opened the door after one look at Wallace's face.

"Oh God you're actually pissed," Dawson spoke, a wince appearing on his face.

Wallace didn't change his expression, "Was I supposed to be anything else?"

Dawson seemed to consider this for a moment before he was sighing. He motioned Wallace into his home without any answer and Wallace already knew the drill whenever he came into the Schmidt home. His feet kicking off his sneakers by the doorway and placing them on the awaiting shoe-rack, leaving Wallace in his mismatched socks.

"Come down to the basement," Dawson intoned, slapping a brief hand onto Wallace's shoulder and moving away from Wallace to head towards the kitchen. The kitchen that led off to the basement with just a simple wooden door.

The stairs like always creaked underneath Wallace and Dawson's combined weight as they made their way into Dawson's bedroom. Wallace being greeted by the small living room Dawson had set up with just a plain four-person couch, a coffee table, and a small TV. After the small living room, Wallace glossed his eyes over the wide array of pinball machines in the corner of Dawson's bedroom, the machines flashing and chiming with different corny tunes.

Dawson threw himself onto his bed, a small queen-sized thing as he held a beer in each hand. Wallace took his usual spot on the corner of the bed, not trusting Dawson's bedsheets to not have some bodily fluid on them. Though Wallace did take the beer from his friend's hand, popping off the bottle-cap whenever Dawson handed him it.

For a moment each of them took a long drink of their beers. Drinks, Dawson no doubt had smuggled away from his dad's supply upstairs. Then once Dawson had swallowed he planted Wallace with a pondering expression.

"So, Bella's pregnant, huh?" Dawson asked, tucking a pillow underneath his arm so he could lean more comfortably on his side.

The brief mention of the news set Wallace's teeth on edge with a new bout of anger. As Dawson wasn't supposed to know about Bella's pregnancy until Wallace had been ready to tell him. "Bella is pregnant, yes,"

Dawson hummed for a moment then stated, "Shelby said she was a few months along,"

Wallace paused for a moment, the lip of his beer bottle kissing his bottom lip as he pondered Dawson's words. Then he replied, "She said a few months?"

"Yes you ass," Dawson stated, then he gave Wallace a wounded expression. "Were you planning on telling any of us ever? Like I get we aren't the best role models but I thought at least you'd tell me. You know I'd help at least."

For a moment Wallace studied Dawson's face and saw the genuine hurt in the other male's expression. And Wallace understood, only if a bit, why Dawson had really been adamant that Wallace had met with him. No doubt feeling some kind of betrayal that Wallace hadn't told him that Bella, according to Shelby, was months pregnant.

"I wanted to keep it a secret," Wallace replies, swallowing faintly. Then at the hurt that flashed in Dawson's dark eyes, Wallace added, "Especially since we don't even know if the kid is mine."

Dawson choked on his beer, spluttering Corona down the front of his shirt as he coughed loudly. The hand not holding his beer lifting upwards to bang on his chest as he finally sucked in a deep breath. He looked at Wallace from underneath his dark fringe and asked, "Wait? You don't even know if the baby is yours?"

Wallace was regretting this already but it wasn't like he could exactly tell his best friend that the baby wasn't Wallace's because it had been conceived only days ago and looked like it was about to burst from Bella's stomach. So he had to stick to the lie the best he could.