45 ; still holds true

Here's the thing: The days seemed to get better the more the vampires began to relax.

It was a simple thing, the conversion of predators into one pride, but Wallace found that his hindbrain wasn't as bothered as it normally would've been in a situation like this one so close after he had been turned. 

They were stationed in the middle of the woods, with a clearing surrounding them where all of the covens were leisurely talking amongst themselves. The Denali's, shining blondes in a sea of brunettes and red-heads, were lounging on a nearby cliffside. All of them besides Kate, who of which was speaking to Edward and Bella a few feet away.

Bella was nodding to whatever the blonde was saying, hands placed in front of herself, and Edward's eyebrows were drawn into worried lines. So, business as usual for his partners. Bella always timidly adventurous and Edward always silently screaming.

A whistling caught the air and Wallace snapped out his hand, catching the baseball that had been thrown an inch from his skull. The ball hit his palm like a fly, effortless and minuscule, but Wallace gripped it just the same. He had to watch himself, noticing slowly how the ball was withering into something smaller the more he and Emmett passed it back and forth.

Growing up Wallace hadn't ever really taken an interest in sports, that had been more of Daniel's thing and it had always been something mildly athletic like skateboarding. Wallace had always preferred to do things quietly, not reading god forbid, but things that kept his hands busy. Drawing had been something that Shelby even found herself doing with him from time to time between work shifts after their mother had died, and while Wallace hadn't drawn anything in a long time or played a sport, with his new instincts it came naturally to him.

"You're supposed to throw it back!" Came Emmett's impatient holler where he was stationed deeper into the woods, about two football fields away by Wallace's estimate.

"Really?" Wallace questioned, then snapped his hand forward with the ball and watched it curve through the foliage and waited for a moment to hear Emmett's faint curse before the sound of it meeting the other male's palm was heard. Wallace smirked, then added, "I'm working on my curveball."

"You need to work on your form first," Is Emmett's reply, and Wallace snorts before diverting his eyes once again towards Bella and Edward. When he finds them in the same place as before, he looks for his rusty-haired son.

Veran, like most days, is a limpet on Rosalie's form. His body hangs on her now, arms forming a makeshift backpack on Rosalie's spine as she converses with Siobhan. As the women talk, Wallace can see that they're smiling faintly at Veran's soft chattering to himself, the smaller male pressing his nose into Rosalie's curls.

Another whistle and Wallace jumped slightly upward to catch the ball Emmett had thrown. Once it was in his hand, he glanced upwards to see Emmett removing himself from the deeper part of the woods and back towards the main clearing. 

Wallace couldn't help himself, "Give up?"

Emmett shot him a brief good-natured snarl, "No, I was getting bored."

"We can't all be athletes," Wallace states but takes no offense.

Once Emmett leaves, Wallace makes his way towards Kate, Edward, and Bella. He finds them in the middle of a lesson, which is on par for the last couple of days. Bella, having gotten a label for her gift, has been working on extending it beyond herself. But given that Bella didn't even know how she was triggering her own gift it was hard to master.

"Do you feel this?" Kate's voice is intrigued as she presses a hand to Bella's forearm. 

Besides Bella, Edward clenches his fists and stares with wide eyes at their partner. Bella, oblivious to Edward's anxious energy, shakes her head. "I can't feel anything."