16 ; she's all i have

[a new chapter because wallace officially owns my ass now - it's mostly edward/wallace so you'll get a bit of their dynamic! enjoy!]

Here's the thing: Wallace has never had a real relationship before. Well, that's if you don't count Summer Johnson back in the eighth grade and if Wallace is being honest with himself, he tries very hard to forget her. Still, the point stands. Wallace has never been in a relationship before and therefore he isn't sure if riding in a car with Edward Cullen, the maybe or maybe not ex-boyfriend of his maybe girlfriend, should be as awkward as it sounds.

After all, Wallace doesn't know if he's dating Bella either. So it's not like he can claim that the drive back home from Bella's house, which Edward strong-armed him into accepting, can necessarily be caused by being chauffeured home by your girlfriend's still very much interested ex-boyfriend.

Regardless, Wallace still finds himself in the passenger seat of Edward Cullen's shiny silver Volvo. The bronze haired male taking his time in speaking to Bella on the front porch, where the tiny female looks exceptionally hesitant about something but nods to anyways. Then, with the single nod, Edward leans forwards and kisses the crown of Bella's forehead; and Wallace watches as Bella leans into the touch before pulling away and heading back into her house.

Once Bella is safely tucked inside, Edward makes his way towards the Volvo. Wallace tries his best not to stare at the male but must fail because Edward, as he slides into the car, looks at Wallace with a prim expression.

"Is there something you wanted?" Edward questions and that slick posh voice makes Wallace's hackles rise. Not because the voice itself is unpleasant but because it causes the same in body reaction in Wallace that he would've felt if he had been listening to his favorite song by The Killers.

"If you're going to vampire kill me or something I just want you to know that it'd make Bella very upset and it'd also make you look like a coward given that you had to literally kill the competition in order to win," Wallace remarks, fingers fiddling with the ties of his hoodie.

Edward regards him for a long moment, perfectly arched eyebrows high on his forehead as if Wallace had spoken gibberish and Edward is awaiting a translation. Then Edward lets out a brief exhale, nostrils faintly flaring, and he meets Wallace's eyes. "I'm not going to kill you,"

"I don't believe you but okay," Wallace states, and Edward still stares at his face for a long moment. Wallace finally curls his lips upwards in a snarl, "What?"

"I think there's something we need to make clear," Edward replies, and his voice is back to that slick posh accent. It's subtle but Wallace always notices the details. As Wallace scans the stiffness of Edward's body, he squares his shoulders himself.

"If that's how you want to handle things than fine," Wallace states, flexing his hand and making it a fist to get his joints warmed up. "But Bella doesn't like fighting."

"I'm not going to fight you," Edward hisses suddenly, handsome face turning into a glare that makes Wallace's heart spike for a moment in shock.

"Oh," Wallace says softly, and it seems like he and Edward are going around in circles.

Letting in a deep breath, Edward turns his face away from Wallace and stares ahead. His golden eyes track the rain that's splattering softly on his windshield. Then he clears his throat and begins again, still not looking at Wallace.

"Bella loves us both," Edward states, his voice going tight. His golden eyes are steady on something in the distance as Wallace looks at the side of the vampire's face. "And that's troublesome. Not because I feel threatened and I'm not saying you feel that way either. But I know the concept of choosing between you and me is causing Bella great distress. So, I suppose, I wanted to hear your take on what we should do."