06 ; ultimatums

Here's the thing: Wallace's McAtee doesn't make good choices. This is a known thing, mostly by law enforcement, but by anyone who has known Wallace longer than a few weeks. 

These said people also know, that Wallace makes even worse decisions whenever he's trying not to feel something - and that's mostly why, Wallace supposes, he's sitting in the principal's office on a Tuesday morning like he is currently.

"I really don't know what to do with him anymore Ms. McAtee," This is Principal Sprout who says that in that stupid voice of hers. It makes sense though - stupid name, even stupider voice.

Shelby is clutching the armrests of her chair tightly, chipped nails digging into the wooden features tightly. Wallace can practically feel how much she wants to slap him upside the head, but is refraining from doing so when there's a witness.

"I know and I appreciate all of your discretion, but Wallace needs to stay in school. I cannot move him to La Push's high school, it's too far out there and I don't think they'd have a good program that would offer enough discipline --" Shelby begins, voice pleading.

"It doesn't seem like he gets enough discipline here either," Principal Sprout states, and she gives Wallace a heavy stare. As if he'll cower away and try to repent for his sins in front of her. Then, Principal Sprout looks at Shelby, "Or at home, for that matter. If you'll let me speak out of turn Ms. McAtee, I wanted to have you know that I was very hopeful when the court gave you custody over Wallace during the trial. Thinking that a nice girl like you, with a good head on her shoulder's could make sure her youngest sibling didn't fall into the traps your parents or eldest brother did. However, I am beginning to rethink my decision with all of these collecting mishaps..."

Wallace heard Shelby's jaw creak with how hard she was struggling to keep her mouth closed. Yet, Principal Sprout seemed oblivious, "And I don't want to bring your parents into this more, but we know your father had a record of fighting in high school and we know where that got him--"

"Wallace is not our father," Shelby snapped, finally breaking from her meek state. She was glaring heavily now, eyes sparkling with the simmering rage. "Don't make the mistake and compare the two of them again."

Principal Sprout snapped her ugly fuchsia lips together, almost daring to be appalled by Shelby's tone of voice. "Oh, Ms. McAtee I didn't mean --"

"I'll be speaking to our social worker soon and I think they'd find it interesting how whenever Wallace gets in trouble at this high school, you always seem to mention our father's trial," Shelby stated, leaning back in her chair, looking more relaxed than she had moments ago. "Almost as if you're placing a stigma onto my younger brother before you even truly knew him or heard his side of things."

"I assure you, here at Forks high we make sure to give each student their own chance to prove themselves," Principal Sprout was fumbling, eyelashes blinking.

"Well if that's the case, I say just suspend Wallace for a couple of days for fighting to appease both yourself and um -- who was the kid you hit Wallace?"

"Tyler," Wallace spoke, fingers resting on his stomach.

"Tyler's parents for their child's injuries and we can call this meeting adjourned," Shelby finished, and she stood upwards. As if her word was already law, and judging by Principal Sprout's open-mouthed act, it truly was.

"Wallace, get up we're leaving," Shelby snapped, and Wallace didn't hesitate.

The two of them left through the front office, Wallace keeping his bruising temple and cheek down towards the ground even though he could feel the judgement on the office's ladies faces. They knew this wouldn't be the last time they saw him in their quarters.