19 ; poly-what

[thank you for getting this story to 40k reads and 4k votes!]

Here's the thing: It was rare that Dawson's parents ever let him invite friends over. 

It mostly had to deal with Dawson's mother being a hypochondriac and that the mere thought of a bunch of teenagers in her house nearly brought on a panic attack because of all the potential sicknesses she could catch. But every so often, when Dawson's parents traveled to visit Dawson's Aunt Shirley in Port Angeles and left Dawson home alone, then Wallace, Kinney, and Olly were invited over.

So here they were. Sitting around a circular table like they belonged in That 70's Show and were passing around shots to one another as they played a stupid card game that Olly had made up. Kinney was slowly working her way into drunkenness as she was notoriously pitiful at cards, but she wasn't really complaining. 

"Oh fuck this is rigged," Olly howled, throwing his cards onto the table and reaching for the bottle of whiskey was that serving as a centerpiece on the table. His freckled hand working open the cork of the bottle as he shook his head. "Dawson hasn't even had a lick to drink."

"Don't hate the player, hate the game," Dawson cheered, grabbing the cards and shuffling them in his ring adorned hands. 

"Is it possible to do both?" Kinney questioned, holding up her cup of Sprite which she had been using as a chaser the entire night. 

Dawson rose a dark eyebrow at her. Then as he dealt the cards to everyone at the table, he teased, "Just admit you're in love with me Kin. That I'm the exception in your little lesbian heart,"

"I used to think I was into you," Kinney admitted with a faint slur, which was a clue as to why she was giving this information away about herself without one of them bartering for it. 

When she was sober, Kinney was the best secret keeper Wallace knew. If you wanted to know even an ounce of information that she knew, you had to promise her your firstborn child in order for her to tell you; and even then when she told you, it was in the form of some obnoxious riddle.

"Then I got contacts and that changed," Kinney finished, and she laughed into the rim of her cup as Olly exploded with laughter at Dawson's offended expression across from him at the table.

"That hurt my feelings you bitch," Dawson whined, punching Kinney in the shoulder. Kinney barely stopping herself from falling out of her chair if it weren't for a giggling Olly catching her by the plaid fabric of her shirt. Throughout this, Kinney was giggling and so was Dawson. 

Wallace hadn't really realized how much he had missed them.

"Your turn Wall," Olly spoke, placing down his card. 

Wallace looked at his deck, before placing down a 10 of spades. Dawson hummed throughout his turn then once he placed his card down he looked at Wallace from underneath his dark curls. "So, are you gonna tell us why you've been hanging out with the Cullens for the past couple of days or no?"

This surprised Wallace and it must've shown on his face because across the table from him Kinney snorted. Once Wallace met her eyes, she gave him a smirk. "Really? You didn't think we'd go to your house and ask Shell where you were hiding out?"

"I didn't know my sister had such a big mouth," Wallace replies because he isn't sure how to answer their question about the Cullens. Wallace would rather swallow battery acid then tell even a quarter of a lie to his best friends.

"She doesn't but we pried it out of her," Dawson intoned, but then he nudged Wallace with his elbow as Kinney placed down a card for her turn. "Now spill the beans. Rosalie Hale as hot in person as she is in my fantasies?"