10 ; hold onto the past

Here's the thing: Wallace doesn't try to hold onto the past

In the time before his probation, Wallace was trying anything to forget what was behind him. From the incident regarding his parents, to his troublesome relationship with his siblings, and the deteriorating home life he was experiencing because of the aforementioned problems. So, in order to forget, Wallace contributed to Forks' petty crime rate. He had lived a good life alongside his friends, whom of which all scolded and supported him in his many endeavors with the law.

Now, with Wallace still standing in the same corner of the high school parking lot, a cigarette perched in between his fingers, while he's surrounded by the same friends, and wearing a hoodie that covers his chest from the cold air, Wallace comes to a conclusion about himself.

Wallace realizes, maybe a bit late and a bit foolishly, that the past is much easier to forget when you aren't in love with it. That without being completely aware of it, Wallace now divides his life into two sections: The moments before Bella and the moments after Bella.

Despite not being fully consensual, Wallace lives in moments of the latter section. A month, it seems, that he has been on the outskirts. Watching from the outside in -

"You're doing it again," Dawson's voice is soft in his ear as he drops his cigarette to the ground, crunching it underneath a black Doc Marten.

Wallace looks up from where he'd been staring at the filter of his cigarette, peering upwards at Dawson with darkened blue eyes. He clears his throat, asking, "Doing what?"

"Zoning out," Kinney comments, crossing her arms over her chest. She's wearing a camo printed jacket today that compliments her dark eyes. The very eyes that are trained, much like a hawk, on Wallace's face. "You've been doing that a lot lately."

"Give him a break," Olly speaks up, always Wallace's superhero. His hair ruffling in the wind underneath his beanie as he takes a drag of his cigarette. "Graduation's coming up. We're all a bit cuckoo this time of the year."

Wallace shrugs his shoulders, running a hand through his freshly cut hair. "I have to pass Chemistry or I'm fucked,"

Kinney's eyes turn into slits, but before she can say anything, Dawson speaks again. Wallace's best friend humming and slinging an arm around Wallace's shoulders. "I'm sure that now Lauren and I are going steady, she can give you some chemistry notes. My girl is great at sciency shit,"

"Lauren isn't your girl," Kinney laughs, disbelief written in her eyes. "You hooked up once in a drunken fumble. Get over her you creep."

Dawson clutches his chest with his free hand, acting as if he were shot. "You're cruel, Kinney. Why must you speak about my dear Rosaline as such?"

"I don't know Friar Lawrence, maybe you can use your brain from time to time-" Kinney begins, a smile working onto her face as she steps forwards.