13 ; better than wolves

Here's the thing: Shelby is rarely ever late for work. So that's why as Wallace walks through his front door after spending an hour with Olly at the other male's house, that Shelby's presence in their home startles him so much.

"Wallace," Shelby says his name with a shrill tone, appearing suddenly from behind one of the corners of their home. Her hair is a ball of frizz barely contained in a ponytail at the base of her neck.

Jerking backwards, startled, Wallace removes one headphone from his ear and shoots his sister a sharp glare. "Jesus Shell, wear a damn bell or something."

Shelby, naturally, ignores him. "I need to get to work,"

Wallace raises an eyebrow, motioning towards the door. "Go ahead,"

Rolling her eyes like Wallace is missing something, Shelby lowers her voice. "Daniel is here and as you know, he can't be home alone. So, I think you'll have to cancel your plans tonight, which I know you have, and stay here with him until I get back,"

"It's horror flick Friday," Wallace knows he's whining, but he refuses to miss out on watching Kinney scream into Olly's shoulder while they watch the SAW movies.

"Well then take Daniel with you," Shelby insists, grabbing her purse from the nearby chair and sling it's strap over her shoulder. She makes her way towards the door, pushing her bangs back from her face and working her foot into one of her white shoes.

"I can't bring Daniel. He slept with Dawson's girlfriend," Wallace hisses, he's looming behind Shelby now. Whom of which still remains unbothered by Wallace's growing annoyance.

Shelby turns towards him, opening their front door and gives Wallace a small smile. "Then take Daniel to Port Angeles and do something. He's getting stir crazy here. It'll be good for you both to do something together anyways. Brotherly bonding or whatever,"

"We share a room, there's not much else we can bond over," Wallace gripes but Shelby is already out the front door. The handle clicking behind her as she locks the door behind herself before making her way towards her car in the driveway.

Huffing out a long breath, Wallace removes the remaining headphone in his ear and marches towards his bedroom. He throws his phone and headphones onto his bed, startling Daniel whom of which was typing on his laptop as Wallace had made his entrance.

"Someone's panties are in a twist," Daniel comments, his hair is drawn up in a hairstyle similar to Shelby's, though instead of a ponytail it's a small bun at the base of his neck. "Want to talk about it?"

"No but I want you to shut up," Wallace snaps, removing the hoodie he had worn to school that day and relaxes slightly whenever he's left bare chested. He flops down onto his bed, cheek smooshed against his pillowcase.

Daniel, because he's an asshole, just laughs to himself. He slides his laptop off his lap and moves towards Wallace's direction. He stands by Wallace for a moment before cocking his head to the side, as if Wallace is a bug underneath a microscope. "Shell put you in charge of babysitting me or something?"

The startled look on his face must give him away because Daniel rolls his eyes. "Don't act so surprised. My ears ring every time someone even thinks about me. Also it wasn't that hard to deduce since Shell's taking this whole sobriety rule thing so seriously,"

"As she should," Wallace pushes, because that sounds like something Shelby would say.

Daniel nods, conceding, "She should and so I am. But I think we both know that I'm not going to slip just because both of my siblings have other things they have to do. I am the eldest after all,"