- petals

[ taehyung was the flower girl at his mom's wedding and met someone.. new ]
↳ taegi
     ↳ fluff

taehyung, a nine year old, screamed in shock when his mother told him that he was going to be the flower girl. i mean - the flower girl? he's a man!

"mommy! no! i am a grown man, you can't make me do this!" taehyung's mom giggled at his response.

"taehyung, please? do it for mommy! only real men would do anything to make the ones they love happy.." his mom cooed, patting his head as he pouts.

"but.. everyone at school is going to make fun of me.. even more." taehyung stomped his foot as he looked up at his mom, who was still smiling. he could tell it faltered slightly at the mention of him being bullied. her baby was bullied because of how girlish he looked, so he tried his hardest to act 'manly' and do 'manly' things, but all he wanted to do was have fun.

"no one is going to know about it sweetheart. none of  them are coming to my wedding anyway.."

"but.. still.. am i going to be wearing a dress?" his mother shook her head and smiled.

"not if you don't want to, baby." his mom replied. the boy stayed silent for a bit until he looked up at his mom and nodded.

"okay, i'll do it!" he cheered, giggling loudly when his mom picked him up and hugged him tightly.

"yay! i'm so happy taehyungie~" taehyung giggled at the nick name, he found it cute.

"i'm only doing it for mommy though! no one else!" he suddenly proclaimed, making his mother laugh. she moved his hair off of his forehead and quickly kissed it, nodding.

"yes, only for me. my sweet baby.."

-

taehyung didn't know how close his mother's wedding day was coming until the night before. his white tuxedo was laid out on his door, staring at him. he shivered at the thought of throwing flower petals around people he probably doesn't know and shoved himself further into his bed.

"it's all for mommy... for mommy and only for mommy," he mumbled to himself, trying to calm his nerves.

"after tomorrow i won't ever do it again.."

it took him two hours to finally go to sleep.

-

the time had come. he stood proudly, even though fears were crawling all over his body and his mind. he saw his mom and she gave him a big smile. he thought she looked very pretty in her dress and smiled back, but that didn't shake off the nerves. he inhaled and walked out, catching everyone's attention. he smiled slightly when he saw his grandparents and threw the petals gently onto the flower. the petals were a mixture of white and black, both from roses. taehyung saw a white rose before the wedding and thought of how pretty it was, but he has never seen a black rose. he wonders how pretty they looked when it was fully intact and not just petals.

everyone smiled as they watched the cute looking boy threw black and white petals onto the ground, never noticing how scared he was. they only focused on the colors of the petals and how he gently threw them down.

a boy watched him silently, thinking how odd it was that a boy was supposed to be a flower girl. but he also thought about how cute the boy was, so he said nothing.

the boy watched taehyung walk up to the stage and stood behind one of the bridesmaids and he smiled slightly at his shyness.

"yoongi," a voice called. he looked up at the man in front of him, who was his uncle. he stood across the flower boy, with the groomsmen.

"stop staring at the boy. you're gonna make him nervous," he scolded lightly. yoongi rolled his eyes and sighed.

"fine, sorry."

-

as everyone was dancing and enjoying the rest of the night, yoongi stood alone, besides a tree. the ten year old didn't like being around so many people so he stayed far away from people who were dancing in the garden. a figure moving swiftly caught his eye and he perked up slightly when he noticed it was the flower boy. he watched as the boy ran towards a rose bush that was full of white roses. yoongi noticed the excitement in the smaller boy's eyes and walked towards him.

"hello," taehyung jumped at the new voice and turned to face a taller boy. he recognized the taller as the ring bear and smiled nervously.

"uh.. hi," taehyung mumbled back.

"you were the flower boy right? what's your name?"

"t-taehyung.." yoongi smiled.

"that's cool, i'm yoongi." taehyung finally looked the boy in the eyes and smiled slightly.

"are you hear to make fun of me for being the flower girl? if so then i'm leaving.."

"ah - wait! i swear i'm not! i just wanted to say that you looked cute as the flower girl!" yoongi said in a rush, accidentally spilling out the part where he thought he was cute. taehyung stopped for a moment and looked at the taller male, a dark blush spread across his face.

"i-i'm not cute! i'm manly! you.. you meanie!" taehyung yelled, making yoongi laugh softly. yeah, taehyung was really cute. 

"it's okay to be cute, taehyung." yoongi said, picking off rose petals one by one. taehyung watched quietly as he did so, never noticing the black roses that stood next to the white roses until yoongi picked some off. he was right; they were just as pretty as the white ones.

once yoongi had two hand fulls of rose petals, he dumped them gently on taehyung, who squeaked in surprise.

yoongi leaned back, smiling down at the boy.

"yeah, you're really cute, taehyungie~"

taehyung's blush got even darker, and he started to love being cute. he completely disregarded the term 'manly' and stopped trying to become 'manly', all for yoongi.

and that didn't bother him one bit.

-

i :((((( love :(((((( them :((((((( so :((((((( much :((((((((