- never fall in love again pt. 2

[ he finally comes home. ] 

taehyung waited years for yoongi, four years exactly. he remembers watching from afar in the airport (so his dad wouldn't see him) as he walked off, tight grip on his suitcase and a sour expression on his face as he walked on the plane. taehyung remembers going home with a heavy heart and an even heavier one when jeongguk called him. taehyung swallowed thickly and answered the call and explained everything and then apologized. jeongguk said it was okay but taehyung knew it wasn't because of how cold jeongguk was acting towards him. taehyung let it slide, knowing he deserved it but finally yelled at jeongguk over the phone about how much he misses him as a friend and how he doesn't deserve the younger when he was drunk. jeongguk immediately came over to take care of him in his drunken state and apologized for his behaviour.  

taehyung was glad jeongguk and him were on good terms now and he is very happy that yoongi and him keep in contact, although it was usually short-lived due to the amount of work yoongi had. but they still tried nonetheless. and taehyung was grateful for that. 

but today is when he comes home.

four years of loneliness, of wondering if he really will come home. four years of doubt and endless tears when having to stop talking to the older, the empty conversations. the happy, short-lived moments when they did talk. four years of pain for both of them. 

yoongi missed taehyung so much and would be guilty every time he had to leave taehyung to go back to work or to go to class. he knew taehyung was always sad when he had to leave and yoongi was too, but he had to do this for himself, to prove to his father that his dream is actually worth something. to prove to himself that he can actually make it somewhere in the world without his father helping him and breathing down his neck. but today is when he finally gets to see taehyung, his taehyung. his beloved. the love of his life. 

he has waited for too long and the nerves in his limbs seem to keep his moving and jittery the whole ride on the plane. he's tried sleeping but could only find himself opening his eyes to check the time to see if they have landed. he can't do anything but wait and that's killing him. he just wants to embrace taehyung and kiss him over and over again and tell him that he loves him so much and that he's sorry.

all he wants is to see taehyung and be happy with him. 

-

taehyung felt himself breathe in a quick breath before exhaling loudly in his car, music blaring to get rid of the messy thoughts he has. the grip on his steering wheel tightened slightly as he continued to drive. he wonders if yoongi is just as nervous as he is.

he wonders if yoongi is even going to show up. 

taehyung pulled up to the airport and walked in, his hands shaking in excitement but also with anxiety. he doesn't think he can do this, year after year he texted and asked when yoongi would come home and he would always get the same answer; 'soon'. 

when the fuck was soon? 

then last month yoongi texted him saying 'one month from now' and taehyung swore he has never screamed so loud in his entire life. jeongguk and his boyfriend hoseok were right next to him and hoseok screamed out of fear and jeongguk was laughing his ass off after taehyung calmed down and told him what happened. 

'you're finally getting your man back!'

'i'm nOT READY-'

but now here he is, standing in front of the gate where yoongi's plane was supposed to be landing. he stood patiently, hands held behind his back. 

after a few minutes, he saw the gate open and people come swarming in, and he felt his nerves skyrocket when he doesn't see him.

he isn't here. 

he was never here. 

taehyung swallowed thickly and when he is sure no one else is coming out of the plane, he turns around and walks slowly towards the exit.

"taehyung i swear to god if you actually leave me-" a sudden voice says.

taehyung's breath hitches and he turns around, tears already brimming his eyes. his breath hitches as he sees his hyung standing there, his gummy smile present and bright. taehyung exhales loudly in relief and runs towards him, wrapping his arms around him. he hears yoongi's soft chuckle in his ear and he lets his tears stream down hard. 

"i missed you.."

"i missed you too, baby." 

it was silent. 

"what are we going to do about your dad?" 

"i don't think he wants anything to do with me after i went against his word and went to school to be a music producer, so i think we're good." taehyung sighs and kisses his hyung's cheek, giggling.

"i missed you so much, so so much. i never went looking for someone new, i only thought about you." taehyung cries, kissing yoongi's cheeks over and over. yoongi laughs and makes taehyung face him before kissing his lips gently.

"i missed you too. i'm so sorry i left you."

"it's okay! i'm just happy you're here with me again." taehyung smiles.

"i love you hyung."

"i love you too, baby."

-

:)