- wish you were straight

[ 'i'd rather he be straight then to know that i'm not his type.' ]

vhope 

[angst] 

taehyung loved a boy named jung hoseok. jung hoseok was a kind soul, never wanting to cause any harm to someone. it didn't matter how well he knew the person, he always wanted to help others. maybe that's why taehyung fell in love with him.

hoseok was a grade above taehyung but that didn't stop the two from talking almost daily. they would go to each other's houses to work on homework or just to hang out and have sleepovers, and taehyung cherished those moments the most. hoseok was very fond of skinship and taehyung loved it. he would always be the one hoseok would hug or hold hands with, even cuddle with. 

taehyung's heart was filled with love for the older boy and did almost everything for him. taehyung wanted the boy to be happy, and he wanted hoseok to be happy with him. taehyung truly thinks the two of them could be a couple. hoseok seems to only be comfortable with taehyung, so comfortable that he even cried to taehyung a couple of times. taehyung was happy to know that hoseok trusted him so well, and he did everything he could to make sure he would never cry again.

hoseok loves to help others. he loves to see others happy and smiling. it pains him when someone he knows is sad.

but he never knew how much pain he was putting taehyung through. 

-

the day hoseok came out to their friend group about his new boyfriend, min yoongi, was the one-day taehyung was absent from school. jeongguk and jimin, who knew of taehyung's crush, looked at each other in worry before smiling at the new couple. they have heard about min yoongi before and jeongguk had him in his music class, but he never spoke to the shorter one. 

namjoon and jin congratulated them loudly, jin going up to hug hoseok and yoongi. he hit yoongi on the head for being so rude to him when he pulled away from the hug. jin and yoongi were good friends, knowing each other since middle school. hoseok laughed at the two and looked around, humming in a questioning manner when he saw no taehyung.

"where is taehyungie?" 

"oh, you're just noticing?" jeongguk asked, glancing at jimin when he slapped his arm harshly. 

"sorry about him, he is just grumpy cause he stayed up too late playing video games. taetae is at home, said he didn't feel well." jimin explained, making hoseok shrug it off and turn his attention towards yoongi.

taehyung is going to be crushed.. jimin thought. 

-

the next day, the only thing taehyung could listen to was the new couple - hoseok and yoongi. 

at first, he thought it was a joke and kept quiet about it until he heard namjoon and jin talk about it. 

and that's when he heard his heart split open. 

taehyung tried shrugging it off, but his mind couldn't stop wondering over to it. images of the two scattered his mind and heart, and he felt the need to throw up. when lunch rolled around, he went to his usual table but ignored hoseok and yoongi as best as he could. his attention was mainly on jeongguk and jimin, and the two noticed. they felt pity for their hurting friend.

-

months went on like this and hoseok finally pulled taehyung aside from everyone and demanded an answer on why taehyung was acting like this.

"i like you." is all he said.

hoseok grunted in annoyance. "i know, i like you too. we're best friends, now tell me-"

"i like you."

"tae-"

"i am in love with you." 

it was silent for a bit until hoseok gulped loudly, making taehyung avert his eyes somewhere else.

"taehyung.. you're my best friend-"

"i know." 

"my brother-" 

"i know." 

"and besides.. i don't want to be mean about it but i need to be honest with you, you're not my type."

i know

"i'm sorry taehyungie,"

"please don't call me that, hoseok." taehyung said. hoseok flinched at the monotone voice. 

"taehyung, i'm sorry."

"i know." 

i'd rather you be straight then to tell me i'm not your type. 

-

i just dropped a toxic friend last night and i feel great

but also i feel like my best friend is about to drop me soon so i don't feel so great about that