- never fall in love again

[ yoongi had to watch his mistake of leaving taehyung. if only he didn't let him go. if only he didn't listen. ]

"jeongguk! stop!" taehyung giggles loudly, catching the attention of yoongi who sat a few tables away from the two. why did he always end up where they were? why can't he just live out his day without feeling an immense amount of guilt and regret? so much regret. yoongi watched as jeongguk and taehyung sit across from each other, a smile plastered on both of their faces. jeongguk stared at taehyung who read the menu, softly humming a song and even though yoongi sat a couple tables down, he could tell what song it was.

it was the song yoongi made for him and only him.

"what song are you humming?" jeongguk asked, the smile still there. taehyung seemed shocked by the question but quickly shook it off and smiled back, but yoongi could see something was wrong with the smile. it wasn't his usual boxy smile.

"it's just a random song i heard, i can't remember the name of it.." taehyung muttered, his eyes searching around the restaurant. yoongi quickly looked down as taehyung's eyes washed over him and didn't even notice how taehyung did a double take on him. yoongi sighed. he didn't want to sit here and listen to them. to watch them be happy and smile together. it would cause him too much pain. but he deserved it, for leaving taehyung so suddenly, for hurting him. so he grabbed his stuff and walked towards the exit.

"yoongi hyung?" a soft voice called and yoongi stopped abruptly. he knew it was taehyung, but he didn't want to turn around to see the boy he had broken, the boy he loves but has hurt. so he just hummed to himself and walked out the door, never noticing the way taehyung whimpered slightly at the sight of his hyung leaving.

-

taehyung and yoongi were lovers for almost two years. they had a strong relationship and did almost everything together. taehyung would stay in yoongi's studio, doing work or sleeping or just cuddling on yoongi's lap while he writes and produces songs. he enjoyed being with the older and he loved how yoongi took care of him. he loved him. he loves him. but he'll never know why he just suddenly left. why he suddenly called and said 'we're done'. but he'll never understand why yoongi sounded so... broken when he said that.

taehyung will never know, and he is not okay with that. he just wants to know if yoongi really meant what he said.

that's why he called for him in the restaurant when he noticed him leaving. he needed answers.

"taehyung?" jeongguk asked and taehyung hummed as a sign that he heard him. the two were sitting in the classroom after school, just hanging out. taehyung didn't want to go home yet and wanted to stay and study some more and jeongguk decided to accompany him. although taehyung declined politely and told him he should go home and rest, jeongguk still stayed.

"what are you thinking about?"

"hm.. nothing really." taehyung mumbled, drawing doodles in his notebook while listening to jeongguk talk.

"are you sure? you seem kind of.. lost?" he commented and taehyung snorted.

"nah, i'm fine. just.. kind of tired i guess."

"then why did you say you were gonna stay here and study more if you're tired?"

taehyung shrugged. "don't know. i just wanted to." jeongguk nodded.

"hey taehyung?" jeongguk asked, and taehyung could tell by his voice he was nervous about something.

"yes?" taehyung asked, looking up at him. he soon felt lips touch his and stiffened in place. the lips were soft but not as soft as his hyung's. is he even allowed to call the older his? taehyung heard the door open and he instantly pulled back from jeongguk and gasped slightly as he saw yoongi there, watching the two with a blank stare. but taehyung knew better. he could see the glossiness in his eyes and quickly shot up.

"y-yoongi-!"

"ah, my bad. i should've knocked. excuse me," yoongi said, bowing his head slightly while backing up from the door and walking off swiftly. taehyung quickly ran after the older but was held back from a hand on his wrist.

"why are you running after him?" taehyung felt his breathe hitch slightly as he just realized he never told jeongguk about his ex. 

"because i still love him!" taehyung yelled in a panic, pulling away from jeongguk and running out of the classroom.

"yoongi!" the older didn't turn around.

"yoongi, yoongi please!" taehyung yelled out, colliding with yoongi's back. the older lets out a oof as he tumbles forward, barely keeping himself balanced.

"dammit - taehyung!"

"no!" taehyung cries out.

"taehyung please let go of me, i have nothing to say to you."

i have so many things i want to tell you.

"what.. what happened?" taehyung whispers, coming in front of yoongi. yoongi lowers his head at the sight of taehyung's bright, crystal-like tears.

"did you get bored of me? did i do something wrong? did you get tired of me?" taehyung sobs out, and yoongi forces himself not to attack the younger with kisses. all he wants is to have taehyung be in his embrace again, to see him smiling and happy with him.

"no.." yoongi mutters and taehyung almost didn't hear it.

"then what happened!? i deserve answers, yoongi! and you know it!" taehyung yelled out, trembling fingers latching onto the older's jacket sleeve. yoongi felt his heart break even more at the younger's state and quickly collided with him, securely wrapping his arms around the younger's waist.

"taehyung.. baby, please just know it wasn't my fault. i didn't choose to."

"t-then who did?!" taehyung sobbed and yoongi felt tears on his neck. yoongi turned his head to kiss taehyung's head, swaying them slightly.

"my father," yoongi muttered into his ear and taehyung whimpered at the mention of yoongi's father. the older's father was a cruel person, not to mention homophobic. he remembers being asked if he was gay by his father and taehyung quickly answered no, noticing how the man's gaze darkened at the question. he remembers hiding their relationship and he remembers how he almost caught the two a couple of times. 

"he found out two days before we broke up. he said i had a choice, to see you six feet under or never see you at all. i took the safest option." yoongi explained, feeling taehyung's arms tighten around him. yoongi hummed a soft tune as he continued swaying, slowly calming taehyung down.

"hey baby?"

"yes yoongi?" 

"i'm sorry to do this to you, but do you think you could wait for me?"

"what do you m-mean?"

"i'm moving away for college in a few days since graduation for us seniors is in two days. i'll become a music producer and get away from my dad. but in the time being, do you think you could wait for me?"

"wait for you?"

"just because i'm leaving here doesn't mean i won't come back for you. i love you too much to leave you," yoongi stated, smiling sadly at the younger. taehyung nodded his head frantically with more tears streaming down his cheeks and hiccuped as yoongi kissed his tears away. 

"so please baby, don't fall in love again. and please wait for me." yoongi pleads, desperation completely devouring his words. taehyung nods again and lets out a muffled sob, trembling as he clung onto his hyung.

"i-i love you h-hyung.." taehyung cries. 

"i love you too baby."

-

i was originally just going to make this just angst angst angst cause when i first started writing this i just felt like doing that. but then i told my friend it was gonna be angst with happy ending lmfaoooo