III

Deanna's POV:

                 I swiped up my bag, threw on my heels, strut out of my room and down the stairs. Walking into the living room, I positioned myself in front of the lads so I was in clear view of them. "I'm going out! Leave a key under the door mat please, see ya!" I announced, spinning on my heels and walking out the door.

                  The flashing lights flew like orbs around the room. Radiating body heat on the dance floor felt like an instant stress reliever. I was finally alone and free to do what I want without thinking about what my home situation was like. Wandering over to the bar, I searched for something strong, something to help me unwind. I was handing the bartender my money when I felt a hand on my shoulder which made me jump out of my skin. "Hi D! Long time no see." A familiar voice whispered in my ear. Slowly, I turned around to reveal the mysterious person. "GEORGIE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!" Then I see it... the one thing I didn't want to happen tonight. Blake and Reece emerged from the crowd behind him and walked over to where we were standing. "What. You think I'd let my little sister out by herself in a strange city." Great I'm being babysat. "Plus we haven't been out together since you turned 18. Need to show you how to work it on the dance floor" Blake added, moonwalking around me. I put everything he said behind me and ordered myself and only me a drink because now I'd definitely need to forget that.

                   The room was starting to spin and I occasionally stumbled whilst dancing with strangers but I was having the time of my life. Blake and George were standing getting drinks at the bar and Reece was sitting looking all judgemental in a booth awaiting the lads return. My dress may have rode up a little bit but I was too intoxicated to care at this point especially when I was receiving all the male attention I was. A tall, handsome, young man approached me with a smile on his face. "Hey beautiful. Fancy going outside for some fresh air? It's getting stuffy in here." I took his hand and followed him towards the door then it hit me. This isn't the main entrance... this is the backdoor. "Can you please let go I want to see my brother!" I pleaded in fear. "But hunny you said you'd come with me." He replied, smirking at me once again. "Please let go I want Blakey!" I slurred. His grip around my arm grew tighter as he dragged me out the door. Suddenly, his body was launched forward taking me with him. I could see straight anymore but I tried to make out the figure who had just possibly saved me.

                  "Look mate! She said let go so leave her be. Come on Deanna let's get you home." I had no idea who it was but after what had just almost happened I was glad to be getting taken care of. The person slung my arm around their neck and wrapped their arm around my waist. We began walking through the streets and my head started to hurt. "Can we please get some water somewhere?" I hiccuped. "Sure! It'll probably help you sober up." They responded, rubbing my side. Almost home, I began to regain my normal sight and turned to look at my so called "hero".

                 "Get off me now Reece!" I ripped his arms off me and shoved him away. I was livid that he had the nerve to touch me let alone be in my presence. He had no right at all to come near me ever again. I kicked off my heels and began trying to run down the quiet, low lit road. It could have been anyone else anyone but no the one person who had been trying to look out for me was the one person who I hated most. "Deanna slow down what are you doing!" He put his hand on my shoulder as I slowed down. "Here i know you don't like me and all this crap but if I hadn't been there before god knows what that dodgy geezer would have done to you." I laughed through my tears. How could he be so stupid his brain must literally be the size of a pea. "You don't get it do you. Tell you what, cast your big headed brain back to the first time we met. I was 15 and had three major things on my mind. One: how am I going to pass my GCSEs due to all this stress and Two: I wonder who my real parents are. Yeah you heard me right my real parents. Soulls had just told me the story and Three: What's going to happen when my big brother leaves to tour the world with his new band. You guys had been invited over for tea to talk about things. I was shy so I sat up in my room until I thought I heard the door shut and that you had left. I walked down the stairs and you were still standing talking to B. You'd just saw me for the first time and you know what you're dickhead brain said. "Hey Blake is this your girlfriend because she's way to ugly to be a Richardson."
Well you were right in some sense. I'm not a Richardson or Blake's girlfriend but you were completely in the wrong to call a girl you'd just met ugly and I hope after it happened to me you'd never said it again because you broke me Bibby. Like. A. China. Doll."
By this time we had arrived at our house. Blake was on his phone sitting on the step and George was pacing up and down the path. B lifted his eyes for a second and they landed on mine, his face lit up as he ran towards me. "Hey it's ok we just took the long way home. Look I'm tired I'll see you tomorrow love you."