XI

The room was ridiculously bright. I tried to get up and assess the extremely odd situation I was in but was held down by two bodies. Shuffling back down, I turned my head from left to right and saw Blake and Reece with their arms wrapped around my body. A small, weak moan arose from the bottom of the bed where it appeared George was lying. "Are you some what sober?" I asked, trying once again to get up. "I'm... urm... how should I put it... moderately functional?" he questioned himself whilst rubbing his temples. We just sat looking at each other, not really knowing what to make of the fact that we were hanging terribly. "So what state do you think the birthday boy will be in when he arises?" I spun my head towards the door and saw Con standing against the frame. Me and George glanced at each other again and burst out laughing at the remark. With that, a mass of groans came from the two messes lying beside me. I rolled over to face my darling brother, his face looked white. His eyes shot open, scaring me, as he jumped out of bed; throwing Connor out of the way and running into what I can assume was the bathroom. "What happened? I was having a nice dream." Reece finally spoke up. Heavy thuds, trailed up the stairs to my room and then the whole team was here. "Rights then, who can't handle their drink?" Brad questioned, scanning the room.

An eruption of laughter filled the room at his remark. I looked at the clock and remembered that I had booked a table at mine and Blake's favourite breakfast place. it had become somewhat of a tradition to go on each other's birthday but since I was at home for mine this year we hadn't got to go. I pulled myself from a semi-conscious Reece and walked past the lads and into the bathroom. Blake was sitting next to the toilet, red in the face. "What's wrong princess? Did you drink to much last night?" I questioned, flopping down beside him and resting my head on his shoulder. All I gained in response was a groan and a punch on the arm. "Well Blakey the first of your birthday celebrations start in about one hour, so get in the shower we are going to Bill's for breakfast." With that, he stood up and walked over to the door gesturing for me to leave. I went back into my room to find all six of them lying in my bed. "Blake and I are going out so please take your hungover arses downstairs, so I can get ready. Oh, and make yourselves useful and tidy up the mess you made last night thanks." I received quite a few shoves as they left my room. Acting like children was their only other talents. "I swear I'm the back bone of this family." I whispered to myself whilst wandering over to my wardrobe to pick my outfit for the day.

"And we are extremely grateful to have you Deanna." A voice from behind me answered. Ignoring his presence, I continued looking through my clothes. Pulling out a pair of cream corduroy trousers, I placed them on the bed next to where he sat and proceeded to go and get a white high neck top from my draws. "I'd really appreciate if you'd leave so I could get ready to go out with my brother." I said, throwing a stern glance at him. He looked shocked at my remark. "I wanted to talk to you about last night Deanna. We both said a lot of things that need to be addressed whilst sober. I want you to know I meant everything that I said... and did." He looked down at his lap and started fiddling with the rings on his fingers. "I don't remember even speaking to you last night Reece or in fact at all since the show so whatever you said obviously wasn't important enough for tell me when I would be stable and as far as "what you did" if you did do anything, you were taking advantage of me. Now I'd like you to leave so I can get ready to go out please." I responded. He got up with his head hung low and walked out. Turning around, he apologised once again before leaving indefinitely.

We walked up the street from where the taxi had dropped us off as Blake didn't feel safe enough to drive again yet. Approaching the door front, I took his hand and wished him happy birthday again. As soon as we walked into the building, Bill ran over towards us and gave him a small box of goodies from the shop. He loved the fact we had been coming in together for each other's birthday for the past five years and always gave us little presents. "I have a special little booth set up for one of my favourites birthdays today. Follow me guys." He said giddily. We followed him through, right up to the back of the room, where there were balloons set up and party hats on top of our plates. I was amazed. I had asked him to be extra this year, but I didn't think he would go all out. Hugging him, I thanked him again and sat down opposite Blake. "Now, what would you like for your special birthday breakfast today?" Bill asked, adjusting the hat now on top of his head. "I'd like Bill's breakfast please Bill." Blake replied laughing. "And I'll have the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on toast please Bill." And with that he was gone, rushing off into the kitchen to make our food.

                   "Hey D, listen here a a sec." I smiled.
"What's up?" I tilted my head to the side as he seemed to raise his eyebrows at me. "Last night?" He answered slowly. "What was that all about?" Really, again? "I'm gonna need you to elaborate here Blake," I chuckled, amused by everyone's questions today. At first I was wondering what they were on about, but honestly, now it's just funny. "You were with Reece," WHAT. "You were talking, you looked like you got emotional, and you even hugged." Oh god. What makes Blake think that Reece and I made... physical contact? I think I just threw up in my mouth at the thought. "You're pulling my leg right?" I laughed nervously, but Blake just gave me a deadpan stare in response. "Reece asked me the same thing earlier, so you must be having me on." "We're not-" "Nothing happened Blake. I'd definitely remember." Running a hand through my hair in stress, I felt tears fill my eyes. I'm sure nothing happened. Well, 99% sure. Or 90%... oh I don't know. They're probably just messing with my head. Me and Reece having a moment? Not in a million years. Or maybe only a thousand... or a hundred. Or... yesterday. As if he could sense the tension at the table, Bill walked over with our food. I tucked in straight away not even acknowledging the conversation that had just happened between me and my brother.
                "Anyway, enough talk about me. What's going on between you and that girl from tour?" I spoke up finally, with a sigh following. Blake choked on a piece of bacon as I finished my sentence. I knew that something was going on with them two. I could tell by the way she treated me on the phone the day I met her. "Nothing much! We've just been spending a bit of time together." "And her name is Josie, not "that girl"." He responded.

________________________________
THIS ONE IS A LITTLE LONGER TO MAKE UP FOR THE PAST FEW CHAPTERS. ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU TO kindaaalright FOR HELPING ME WITH A SECTION OF THIS CHAPTER. IVE GOT EXAMS COMING UP OVER THE NEXT FEW WEEKS SO SORRY IF I DONT POST AS MUCH XX