VIII

I've been with Mam in Newcastle for just around 3 weeks now. The boys started tour last week and the show in our home town is tonight. I can't wait to see them all soon. Even Reece... it's hard to hate someone so much when you miss them at the degree I do. Even just him being that passive aggressive dick that he is. I miss it. My literal therapist George, I miss our conversations about anything and everything, about what they will become as they grow and about our future. My best friend and my brother. I miss sitting up with him at 2am chatting absolute shit and getting drunk and being happy just the two of us. I miss his advice and just his presence in general.
Flipping over in my bed, I grabbed my phone from off charge and searched for George's contact on FaceTime. I positioned myself infront of the camera and stood it up right at the bottom of my bed. Clicking on his icon, I waited patiently for him to pick up...
Jorj Smiffy connecting...

"HELLLLLLOOOOOOOOO!" I called down the line, smiling widely as my besties voice filled my ear, bringing a sense of comfort with it. "Hey Deanna!" He replied smiling. "How are you? Glad to be near me?" I questioned, smirking. I wanted to know everything that had gone on. It wasn't often that I would spend this much time away from the lads so I want to know what they were doing. "I'm fine! We're all doing good. We've been here for a few hours now, just settling in before tonight. I've missed this accent so much I'm glad we're back here." He stated, walking to his hotel bed and flopping down.

             "Is that Deanna?" A voice called, snatching George's phone from his hands. I frowned at the screen when I saw a tall, brunette in font of me, smiling brightly. Her makeup looked like it had been done by a professional and she flicked her locks proudly as if she was trying to impress me. "Urmmm... hi" I said. "Hi I'm Josie! But you can call me Jose!" Ugh I disliked her already she seemed so fake. "I'm Deanna!" I replied, rolling my eyes so far back I was scared I'd lose them. "I already knew that silly." She giggled. Stop talking to me like a three year old, I thought to myself. "Ok cool, can you pass me back to g now please." I asked, I tried my hardest to be polite but I just couldn't be bothered. I wanted to speak to my friend. However, I was ignored.

           "When are you coming to see the boys?" Josie asked. "It's a little bit strange you haven't seen them perform yet?" Her voice felt like it was drilling into my brain. How dare she say that to me... about my own brother as well.
"Well I'm actually coming to the show tonight and in Manchester tomorrow so it'll be lovely to see you babes." I smiled back, trying so hard to piss her off. "Oh well! They are amazing live!" The girl added. "I know I was watching Ben's live last night." The brunette moved the camera slightly and I saw... "Blake!?"
           It suddenly jolted back and she flicked her hair once again, her eyes widened and she smiled at me. "Was that Blake?" I asked, referring to my brother I could see sitting on the sofa on his laptop. She shook her head and laughed. "Okay! Can you pass me to Blake now Sweetie!" I replied trying really hard to not lose it. "Blake's busy right now sorry he'll ring you later, bye for now!" And with that the call ended and it went back to my home screen. I felt broken... had they replaced me already.

             Seven hours later, it was time to get ready for the show. I was so excited to see the lads, I'd completely pushed aside the fact that whoever that was there earlier even existed. I waltzed over to my wardrobe, dancing to the vamps new album, and began searching for clothes. I pulled out a white short sleeved shirt and some blue straight legged jeans. I popped on my black doc martens and sat in front of my dressing table. Applying a light base, I went in for a dramatic winged eyeliner. Once I'd finished my makeup, I grabbed a coat and walked into town towards the metro radio arena.

          Due to Blake performing and me being his sister, I was given a backstage family pass to get to their dressing rooms before the show. I searched right around the arena but couldn't find them anywhere. Suddenly, I felt a warm presence behind me. "Hello there love!" He said. Spinning on the spot, I jumped into the arms of Bradley Simpson. Because both of our families are from Newcastle we kind of new each other before The Vamps and New Hope Club were a thing. It felt so good to be around someone I knew for the first time in a while. "I've missed you too!" He mumbled into my hair.  "Deanna?" I heard from behind. The familiar voices ran through my full body sending shivers along my spine. "Omg!" I screamed, knocking the three boys over as I leapt onto them. We lay in a puddle of happiness on the floor cuddling each other. "God I've missed you all so much it's turning me crazy!" I said, letting them free from my grip. "Lads! Get back stage! They're being let in now! You have 10 minutes to get ready." Joe said. "Hey Deanna! Welcome back!"

           The guys were great as always. I loved seeing my two favourite bands performing, especially together. So far I've successfully managed to avoid that strange mystery girl all night until now. I saw her staring at me out of the corner of my eye as I stood beside the stage, awaiting the vamps boys to come off stage. Once they'd finished playing their last song, they ran off directly towards me. The others face lit up as they saw me. "Aye look it's my favourite little mackem!" I felt a slight fury build up inside me. "Call me that again McVey and I might have to never speak to you again." I snapped back. "It's a good job my favourite would never say anything of that to me." I added walking towards Brad. He got all giddy and beamed as if he'd won the lottery. I laughed and walked over to Tristan giving him a huge hug and congratulating him on his engagement. "Right that's it!" He stormed over to me, picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. I was laughing hysterically, almost crying as he ran around with me. Blake, George and Reece walked towards where we were and started laughing along with us. "Bradley... I swear I'll take back what I said and love you forever and ever if you please let me down." I cried, as some sort of plea for help. "Not good enough princess I demand more!" He stated, putting on a posh accent. "Here if you don't let me down I'll wee everywhere!" And with that I was dropped onto the floor instantly. I couldn't stop crying it was hilarious, the whole situation. This was the first time I was genuinely happy since I left home last month. "Thanks babes! I appreciate the kind gesture."
I heard a faint scoff and a repeated "babes?" as Reece walked away back towards the dressing rooms. Great.