XX

The day I had waited for all year. New Year's Eve. We were going into the city to a sort of street party. One of our favourite artists, Gerry Cinnamon, was performing tonight so I'd managed to get tickets for us to all go. The gates to the stage we would be at didn't open until 7:30 so I had at least 2 hours to get ready. I sat wrapped in a towel in front of the mirror, drying my hair. Obviously, all of the clothes the lads had brought were completely unacceptable to wear out so they had gone out to try do some last minute shopping. Laying out all my makeup in front of me, I began to get myself ready. Once I had done my makeup, I put on my outfit and started to admire myself in the mirror. "Job well done sister." I said sarcastically to myself.
           "Sure did hunny!" I heard from behind. "Look I'm not here for long as I just 'popped back for my wallet' but I just wanted to say I'm sorry for how I acted last night I don't really know what came over me. I was just a massive dick. I truly mean it D! See you in a bit." He walked back out of the door, shutting it as he left. Suddenly, it opened again and he popped his little head through the crack in it. "You look amazing by the way!" He winked and was gone.

           Gerry wasn't coming on stage until 10:45 so we still had quite a bit of time to wait. Yeah it was a little bit cold but nothing I couldn't handle. "Hey! I thought you geordies were tough? stop shivering you're making me feel bad because I have so many layers on." George said, laughing. I shook my head at him and faced the stage. It wasn't a regular occurrence that all four of us stood on this side of a barrier.  It was usually either me alone in the crowd at one of their shows or back stage with Joe, Ben and Tanner. A light grip came upon my shoulder as a face approached my ear. "Thank you so much for this Deanna. I don't know what we did to deserve you. What I did anyway." His warm soft words sent shivers down my spine. Suddenly, his infamous theme tune came blaring through the speakers and the crowds swarmed further towards the front. The atmosphere erupted in a joyous way as the little Glaswegian man walked into the middle of the set up with his guitar. We danced, we sang and I even shed a slight tear when me and Blake realised he was singing "our song". It had always been our favourite and if either one of us was down or just needed a pick up that was played. At 11:55, the show finished and we squeezed our way through the crowds and back up onto the Main Street to watch the fireworks. "Welp! Another year with nobody to count in the new year with." Reece sighed, glancing at me. Blake and George scolded him with looks that could kill. I couldn't think of what either of them were at that point, I just new it wasn't good for the blonde boy either way. "Tell you what then since everyone is complaining about being single after what I quite frankly think is the right way to spend NYE... WITH FAMILY... I'll kiss you all when the clock strikes 12." I smirked, knowing that it made B extremely uncomfortable at the thought of my being that close to his best mates.
10...
9...
8...
7...
6...
5...
4...
3...
2...
1...
            "HAPPY NEW YEAR!" We all shouted, hold each other in a tight embrace. I pulled away and kissed Blake first on the cheek. Turning away from him, I felt his eyes biting into the back of my head as I walked to George. I placed my hands on his cold cheeks and gave him a little peck on the lips, then gave him a hug, he rubbed my back and whispered "shoot your shot I'll distract the bro." I giggled like a little child at his response and went to Reece, who was standing alone; watching the fireworks. Glancing over my shoulder, George and Blake were walking to the bar to get a pint. "Guess it's your tur-." I was completely cut off as he smashed his lips on to mine. They fit perfectly together like a lock and key, it was magical.
            We all lay on my bed, semi-sober, talking about how amazing the night had been and how incredible 2019 was going to be for us all and the band. "I'm going to tweet the fans and wish them all the best." Blake said, rolling off the side so he could get his phone off of the table. We all burst out laughing, watching him stumble though the room, clearly unsure of where he'd last placed it. Flopping on the sofa bed, I heard him unlock it. We just lay in silence for a couple of minutes, almost drifting off into a perfect sleep. "Reece mate jesus you nearly swallowed my sister." I heard from the other side of the room. "Excuse me? What do you mean?" He replied confused. To which he was met with a photo in front of his face. I couldn't believe it. It was of us, kissing. "B calm down I kissed you all remember." I added, trying to diffuse the situation. "YEAH BUT GEORGE DIDNT PLAY TONSIL TENNIS WITH YOU DID HE! NOOOOooooOoOOOO! I can't believe you two would go behind my back and do this to me. Especially after everything." We all knew exactly what he was on about. By this time I was crying and G had walked B back to the other side of the room to calm him down. "I'm going to sleep now Reece. If you don't mind I'd like to ALONE."
________________________________
           "Come on Blake we have to go meet Joe for breakfast." Blake huffed, pushing his body down into his mattress as if he'd disappear into it and get out of having to get up. "And yes, you do have to be there." He groaned again. "Why?" The brunette whined, his voice slightly muffled from being head down on his pillow. "George I'm ill, I can't go." "Aw! Poor Blakey baby! Looks like you'll be too ill to do that radio talk aswell then. Such. A. Shame." An in humane noise was released from his body as he let himself fall off the sofa. He turned onto his back and stared at the blonde above. "Blake if your version of being 'up' means lying on the floor in nothing but your boxers then I am afraid I've lost all hope in you." George said walking towards the bathroom, to try hurry Deanna. He laughed at himself and stood up. "You have to have hope in me, I'm literally in New Hope Club." Blake said, grinning. "You won't be more much longer if you don't hurry up." Was the answer he got in a sort of singing voice. George grew inpatient and opened the bathroom door regardless of whatever state she was in inside. He was gone for two minutes then came back out with a note. "This doesn't make sense." I looked at him puzzled. "She's gone!"

The line above kind of signifies that I have changed POV which I am going to do more of throughout the next chapters. Hope you've all had an amazing 2019 so far. Here's to SOA xx