IV

I woke to a small slither of light cast across my face. Rolling over in my bed, I sat on the edge of it. It felt like there was a marching band, ticker tape parade followed by a new year fireworks display all in one going on in my head right now. I turned to my left and glanced down at my bedside table. There sat a glass of water, two paracetamol and a folded over note. I smiled through the pain and picked the paper up to read it. "I heard you stumbling up the stairs last night so I figured you'd need this! I'm out with Reece all day so try not to annoy G! Love you little sis :) B x". I placed the pills in my mouth and swallow them down. At least I don't have to deal with him at this moment. Rolling my eyes to myself, I picked up the strength to walk down the stairs.

                The smell of bacon and pancakes filled my nostrils as i waltzed through into the kitchen. I closed my eyes and inhaled the glorious smell. When I opened them again I saw that everyone was still here. Great. Picking up some food that was left in the pan, clearly for me, I walked over to the table and sat down beside Blake. Resting my head on his shoulder, I slowly felt my body get heavier as I fell asleep. "Have a good night then did you Deanna?" He said, bumping me with his arm. I heard a scoff from across the table and knew exactly who it was. "Piss off!" I replied, aiming it at the both of them. "As you wish my fair lady!" And with that he jumped up and my head hit jolted downwards.

Once I finished my breakfast, I went up to my room to get ready. I put on a black and yellow stripped oversized t-shirt dress and my white nike air max's. Halfway through doing my makeup I heard a knock on my door. Knowing who it was, I ignored it as he would come in by himself in a minute. "I was going to tell you to get ready because I was taking you out but by the looks of it you're one step ahead of me." George said, sitting on the arm of my chair. "Well I do belong to the superior sex G so obviously I knew what was happening before it did." He punched my arm and laughed. "Yeah yeah that's definitely the case. Come on I want to goooooo!" George wined, tugging on my arm.

We arrived at the Trafford Centre at 11:30 ish and began walking around. George had always been my closest friend. Whenever we could we spend time together, he was like a brother to me. "Let's go to JD and you can get them shoes you wanted, then to urban outfitters so I can get more clothes for tour and then Nando's for dinner! Sound like a plan?" George said, spinning to face me. "Aye let's do it!" I replied.

We sat opposite each other in a booth with our food. G had his usual, medium chicken wrap and chips. I had chicken, chips and sweet corn. I began eating and noticed he was just sitting staring at me. Shaking it off, I continued my meal. "Are you going to tell me what really happened last night or not?" He blurted out. I almost chocked on a chip. "You what!" "You know what I mean D! I thought we told each other everything." He sighed. His smile dropped and he looked sad. I hated this but it was time. He didn't deserve to have known me this long and not know my biggest secret. "It started the day you met Blake..."
I told him everything about me being adopted, what reece said to me, how I got ill after it happened, meeting him and him being the reason I was better, what went down in the club last night. My life was a mess and now I was sitting making a fool out of myself in public. I hadn't noticed the few tears that I'd let escape. He just hugged me and told me I'd be ok and that I should have told him sooner. We payed for the food and decided to walk all the way home. I made G promise he'd not tell the lads about today and just to get on with it as if it hadn't happened.

We all sat in front of the TV, playing squads on fortnite. Obviously the dream team that is me and George were winning. About five minutes later, we were the only four people left in the game. I saw Blake and Reece's characters over the top of a bus. Nudging George, we both ran around the sides of it and shot them. We jumped up with excitement and hugged. Blake sat there applauding is. On the other hand Reece looked like he was in the huff. It was hilarious! How could he be so petty? "What's wrong baby? did you not see us coming?" I teased. "Shut up!" He snapped. "Chill mate it's only a game." George added, sticking up for me. "Yeah looks like it." He said, getting up and going upstairs. "Little miss princess has been off all day! He'll be alright tomorrow. Night guys." Blake said following him.

I lay on my back staring at the ceiling. It was weird staying somewhere that wasn't home. Yeah I spend last night here but I wasn't full conscious so that doesn't count. I'm starting to think this was a really bad idea. I miss soulls and my friends and everything about the old house. Suddenly, I was shook out of my thoughts as I heard my door open. Blake trudged over to my bed and climbed in beside me. He often did this when he came home from tour... or if he was going away. "You homesick sis? I can feel it." He asked, making himself comfy. "Yeah abit but I'll be ok remember I'm a big girl now." I laughed. "You might be Deanna but I'll always be your big brother don't forget that."
I chocked as I heard his works. A single tear ran down my face. I didn't deserve such a loving family and friends. "Night Blake. Love you." I said, rolling over. I don't know how I'll cope when he leaves in two weeks.