Part : 7 It's hurt a lot

Inline comments are love.

Nandini P.O.V.

When the light got turned on again  , we both came on the earth back. With in a second , he broke the hug. He was making  faces like he did a mistake by hugging me. My heart cried seeing disappointment on his face. He again stood up holding his head showing me his back.  I also stood up slowly and i was feeling weak , may be after effects of Nyctophobia. His arms were heaven for me , i was getting so much peace in his arms. The peace , which i was finding from childhood. I always used to feel like that something is missing and that something was love. But my love will always remain one sided love , i was sure about this.

The lift got opened and he stepped out and i was standing in lift like a statue. The door of the lift started to get close again but before the door could get close , Manik put his feet in between the doors and it got opened again. I was shocked as i was thinking that why he stopped the lift from getting close. Before saying something, he looked at me angrily and then said "Meet me Tonight 8pm at my house" Without saying anything further, he walked from there . I was literally in a shock because Manik Malhotra asked me to meet him. The lift got closed and I didn't know on which floor it took me.

______________________

Whole day , i tried to keep myself busy in work at office but still his thoughts didn't leave me for even a single second. I was checking the time after every five minutes. "Why the time is passing so slow today" i cried seeing the time again in my phone as it was still 5:30pm. Then i started thinking that why he asked me to meet him. I was scared and happy both at the same time. I was scared because of his anger and i was happy because at least i got a chance to talk with him. I was just hoping that nothing goes wrong this time. I was happy after the lift incident because Manik hugged me and i got to know that what is the real heaven. His arms for me were heaven on the earth , i just wanted him to hide me in his arms forever. I felt so peace and relief in his arms but that heaven was belonged to someone else.

____________________

I left the office at 7pm and went to meet Manik. I walked inside the house and found no one sitting in the hall. I checked the time and it was already 8pm. So I directly went upstairs to meet Manik. Like always my heartbeat was becoming fast with the each step i was taking toward his room. I held the knob of the door of his room and felt like my heart will explode next moment. Closing my eyes , i about to open the door but before i could , i felt like someone kept hand on my shoulder.

I  immediately turned around and found a aged Man standing in front me and looking at me confusingly. "Who are you ?" He asked looking at me suspiciously.

I opened my mouth to answer him but before i could , i heard Neyonika Aunty's voice and closed my mouth immediately " Raj , she is Nandini , the girl who is helping us" She said walking toward us and i looked at her. "Nandini , he is Manik's father" when Aunty introduced him with me , I looked at him and he gave me light smile.

"Whatever you are doing for us beta , you are doing a lot for us. You are our first and last hope beta" he said caressing my hair like a father and having hope in his eyes. This time i gave him small smile.

"Uncle , i will try my best. I just need your all best wishes with me" i said looking at him and he smiled again. Then i looked toward Neyonika Aunty who was smiling broadly.

"Our wishes are always with you Nandini. You know , how much sweet you are. I just wish to get a daughter in law like you" She said lovingly putting her hand on my face and i smiled. They were having lots hope from me to get back their son and I decided to  make their hopes my strength. "I will try my best to take their son out of pain" i promised myself standing there looking at the two faces who were looking at me with the smile and having hope in their eyes.