𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐢𝐫𝐝𝐨 𝐨𝐧 𝐌𝐚𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭

———✰———

The four stood in front of the girl who was now sitting on the couch in the basement of the wheelers with Mike's coat wrapped around her.

"Is there a number we can call? For your parents?" Mike asks urgently.

"Where's your hair? Do you have cancer?" Dustin asked causing Betty to softly hit his arm telling him to shut up.

"Are you in some sort of trouble" Betty asked gently.

"Is that blood ?" Lucas interrupted before the cold girl could even answer, reaching forward to the read spot on the the yellow shirt causing Betty to hit his hand.

"Stop it you freaking her out." Betty said defending the girl.

"She's freaking me out!" Lucas yelled.

"I bet she's deaf" Dustin said as he clapped in the girls face making her flinch.

"Not deaf" he shrugged indifferently.

"Alright that's enough alright? She's just scared and cold" Betty said having enough of the boys.

She went over to the hamper and got some clean clothes. "Here,these are clean,oaky?" Betty said giving the girl her clean clothes. The girl took them feeling the soft material on her face standing up from the sofa letting the jacket fall.

She went to pull her top up but before the boys could see anything Betty gently grabbed her hand making her stop and look at Betty. As all the boys exclaimed "no, no, no" and shielding there eyes.

The girl looked at Betty her doe eyes giving her a confused look. "You see over there" Betty said softly pointing towards the bathroom "that's the bathroom, privacy."

The girl walked to the bathroom with Betty following. She started to close the door until the unnamed girl stopped her before she could.

"You don't want it closed?" Betty asked.

"No" the girl responded quickly which shocked Betty.

"Oh so you can speak" Betty smiled back "okay,well,um how about we leave the door just like this" she said closing it so she left the door a little open. "Is that better?"

"Yes" the girl responded.

Betty walked back over to the boys who were all still freaking out about the fact a girl almost stripped in front of them.

"This is mental" Dustin said.

"At least she can talk" Betty defended.

"She said no and yes. Your 3 year old sister says more" Lucas said.