𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐞

———✰———

"Eleven" Betty muttered stepping towards the girl.

"Betty" Eleven said before they engulfed each other in a hug crying.

"Is that?" Max asked Lucas,Dustin and Mike who just nodded in shock and awe.

"I never gave up on you" Betty said as she pulled away crying but still holding onto each other's arms.

"I called you every night. Every night for-" Betty told her.

"353 days. I heard" Eleven told her making Betty gape at her.

"Why didn't you tell me you were there? That you were okay?" Betty asked sadly.

"Because I wouldn't let her" Hopper intervened before Eleven could answer, making Betty move out the way Mike coming behind her and putting a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Where have you been?" Eleven asked before Hopper pulled her into a hug.

"You've been hiding her? You've been hiding her this Who,e time?" Betty asked starting to raise her voice which surprised everyone cause she rarely raised her voice in anger.

"Hey! Let's talk. Alone." Hopper said grabbing Betty and nodding to Mike to follow just in case.

"Protecting her! Protecting her?" Betty started to raise her voice as they entered one of the Byers' bedrooms.

"Listen. Listen to me." Hopper started. "The more people who know about her, the more danger she's in. And the more danger you and your family are in."

"So,What? I should be thanking you?" Betty asked getting angrier.

"I'm not asking you to thank me! I'm asking you to try to understand" Hopper responded calmly.

"I don't! I don't understand!" Betty shouted her voice cracking with anger.

"That's fine. That's fine! Just do not blame her! Alright? She's upset enough as it is." Hopper said starting to get sterner.

"I don't b,are her! I blame you! I blame you!" Betty said with tears of anger and betrayal running down her face.

"That's okay,kid. That's okay." Hopper spoke making Mike watch as Betty was about to reach boiling point.

"No! Nothing about this is okay!" Betty shouted and befriend she could do anything she'd regret, Mike come up behind her and turn her around and hugged her into his chest as she squirmed in anger making him hold her tighter.

"He lied! He lied! He lied!" She shouted not calming down.

"I know. It's okay. He's sorry." Mike kept whispering to her as she started to loose energy in fighting her brother off.