𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐞

———✰———

As Lucas,Max,Dustin and Joyce, who had arrived looking for Will in a frenzy, ran onto the field they could see Will having another episode and the twins either side of him trying to wake him up.

"We just found him like this!" Mike told them in a panicked voice.

"I think he's having another episode" Betty added as Joyce stopped in front of him.

"Will! Will! Will! Sweetie,wake up! It's mom! Will!" Joyce said shaking his shoulders trying to make him wake up.

"Will, wake up! Can you hear me? Will, please, just wake up." Joyce carried on by this point the twins were looking at each other and back to Will worriedly, the other three looked very worried for their friends and Joyce was getting slightly hysterical.

"Please,wake up! It's Mom! It's me!" Joyce shouted suddenly Will gasped and opened his eyes making them all sigh in relief.

"Okay, that totally freaked me out. Did that not freak you guys out?" Max said as the five watched Will and Joyce get in the car, from the top of the stairs.

"Two episodes in two days." Lucas stated ignoring Max.

"It's getting worse" Mike agreed.

"You think it's true sight?" Lucas asked looking at Betty since it was her theory.

"What's true sight?" Max asked.

"It's nothing" Lucas dismissed.

———✰———

The next day at school Dustin arrived to find Mike, Max and Betty outside the garbage bin that Lucas was sorting through.

"What the hell is going on?" He asked.

"What do you think?" Mike started.

"We're looking for Dart." Betty finished just as a load of garbage flew out from the bin.

"Jesus!" Dustin exclaimed.

"Oh!" Max said in surprise.

"Ugh!" The twins grunted in disgust.

"Well,well,Well. Look who finally decided to show up. After I drew the short straw. Real convenient" Lucas said to Dustin as he jumped out the garbage bin.

"You stink" Max commented drawing Lucas' attention to her.

"Hi Max" Dustin greeted as the girl stood away from Lucas and next to Dustin due to the smell.

"Hi" she greeted back giving him a strange look.

"Where's Will?" Dustin asked realising the small boy wasn't there.

"He'll be here" Mike responded.

"Are you just gonna stand there? Or are you gonna help?" Lucas asked throwing a stick over to Dustin making the five start sorting through the rubbish.

———✰———

"Hey,you've reached the Byers. We're sorry-" Joyce's through the pay phone making Betty huff and turn her head to Mike and shake her head making them both walk over to the other three who were waiting for them.

"Anything?" Lucas asked as the twins run over.

"We need to talk. AV room right now." Mike said as the twins walked up the stairs making the others follow.

"Party members only" Betty said looking at Max knowing what they were about to tell them, Max shouldn't listen to.

"Come on, Betty" Dustin tried.

"No! This is non-negotiable." Betty said before walking into the school.

"Will didn't want us to tell anyone, but on Halloween night he saw a sort of shadow shadow in the sky." Mike explained in a soft voice.

"A shadow? What kind of shadow?" Lucas asked.

"We don't know. But it scared him." Mike responded.

"And If Will really has true sight I mean, if he can really see into the Upside down,maybe he saw that shadow again yesterday." Betty carried on.

"So that's why he was frozen like that?" Dustin asked.

"Maybe" Mike responded.

"Can it hurt him? I mean,if this shadow thing isn't from out world." Lucas asked.

"I'm not sure. Dustin?" Mike asked the peels on who had practically memorised the D&D book word for word.

"Well,if you're in another plane, you can't interact with the material plane, so theoretically, no the shadow can't hurt him." Dustin explained.

"Yeah,if that's even what's happening. This isn't ten D&D. This is real life." Betty pointed out.

"So what do we do?" Lucas asked.

"We acquire more knowledge. We'll go to Will's after school. See what's going on. Lucas and Dustin, you guys stay here and find Dart." Mike told them.

"Dart? What's he gotta do with this?" Dustin asked protectively.

"Will heard him in the Upside down. I don't know how yet, but he's gotta be connected to all this. He's gotta be. If we fund Dart, maybe we can solve this thing. Maybe we can help Will" Betty theorised.

———✰———

At the end of the school day the twins made there way to the Byers' house.

"Hello? Will? Miss Byers?" Mike said after knocking on the door.

"Hey, Mike, Betty" Joyce greeted opening the door.

"Is Will here?" Betty asked.

"You know what now isn't really a good time." Joyce told them.

"Is he okay?" Mike asked worriedly.

"Yeah" Joyce sighed before reassuring "you know, he's just not feeling really well. He's lying down,so I'll tell him you two stopped by, okay?"

"It's about the monster isn't it?" Betty suddenly said making Joyce look back at the two.