𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐭𝐮𝐛

———✰———

"That's better." Betty said after taking off El's make-up and washing the dirt and blood off her face making El look in the mirror and touch the top of her head.

"You don't need it" Betty said referring to the blonde wig.

"Still pretty?" Eleven asked turning to look at Betty.

"Yeah! Pretty. Really pretty." Betty answered nervously but truthfully making El smile at herself in the mirror.

"El?" Betty asked making the other girl turn to her.

"Yes?" Eleven asked.

"Um,I'm happy your home." She stammered making El smile and both girls to lean in.

"It's Lucas!" Dustin ran in making the girls lean away from each other "We think he's in trouble" causing the two girls to follow him out of the bathroom. "Do you remember how he said he was looking for the gate?"

"Yeah" Betty responded.

"What if he found it?" Mike said picking up the intercomm that they could hear Lucas' voice going in and out of signal.

"What's he saying?" Betty asked holding the walkie talkie up to her ear.

"I don't know, he's way out of range." Dustin said as Mike took the intercomm from Betty to listen to Lucas.

"Son of a bitch!" Lucas' voice came through.

"Lucas,if you can hear us slow down we can't understand you." Mike spoke into the intercomm.

"Yes, I copy! Do you? They know about Eleven! Get out of there! They know about Eleven! The bad men are coming!" Lucas' voice came through the intercomm, cracklings so they couldn't understand him.

"Mad hen. Does that mean something to either of you? Like a code name of something" Dustin asked the twins.

"The bad men are coming!" Lucas' voice came through clearer.

"Bad men" the twins muttered looking at each other before looking at Dustin and saying it again louder.

"Stay her" Betty told El as the other three ran up the stairs and to the window where there was only a repairs van.

"What's that guy doing?" Mike asked the other two.

"You don't think" Dustin asked making Mike run to the kitchen where his mom was to talk to her as Dustin and Betty watched more repairs vans pull up making them alarmed.

"Mike" Dustin yelled at Mike.

"One second" Mike dismissed.

"Mike! We need to leave right now." Betty tells him.