𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐚 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐭

———✰———

The five kids were back at the Wheelers trying to figure out where Will was as Eleven layed on the sofa not saying a word since she used her powers.

"What was Will saying?" Mike asked breaking the silence they were all thinking in.

"Like home...like home...but dark?" Betty said getting up from where she was sitting next to Eleven's feet.

"And empty"Lucas added.

"Empty and cold" Dustin started "wait,did he say cold?"

"I don't know. The stupid radio kept going in and out." Lucas answered.

"It's like riddles in the dark" Dustin sighed.

"Like home. Like his house?" Mike questioned.

"Or maybe like Hawkins." Lucas said.

"Upside down" Eleven said softly.

"What'd she say?" Lucas questioned.

"Upside down" Betty said seemingly the only one who understood what El was saying.

"What?" Lucas asked.

"Upside down" Betty repeated walking towards the table with the D&D board on it.

"When El showed us where Will was,she flipped the board over,remember?" Betty explained showing the three boys who joined her at the table.

"Dark. Empty" Betty said only to get confused looks back.

"Do you understand what she's talking about?" Lucas asked the two boys.

"No" Dustin replied whilst Mike shrugged.

"Guys,come on,think about it. When El took us to find Will she took us to his house,right?"

"Yeah. And he wasn't there" Lucas said.

"But what if he was there? What if we just couldn't see him? What if he was on the other side? What if-" Betty turned the game board back to the playing side. "This is Hawkins and-" Betty turned the board back over to the dark side "This is where Will is? The Upside down."

"Like the Vale Of Shadows" Dustin said finally understanding Betty before going going to get their dungeons and dragons book. "The vale of shadows is a dimension that is a dark reflection or echo of our world. It is a place of decay and death a plane out of phase. A place of monsters. It is right next to you,and you don't even see it."

"An alternate dimension" Mike said.

"But how...how do we get there?" Lucas asked softly.

"You cast shadow walk" Dustin answered.