𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐩𝐲

———✰———

"Get him out" one of the doctors said as they arrived at the lab with Will screaming in pain on a gurney.

"Hold on sweetie! I'm right here." Joyce reassured as she, the twins and Bob ran after him.

"Vitals?" One of the doctors asked as they put Will on a hospital bad in a room.

"Heart rate 220. Temperatures 106." A nurse replied.

"Will,where does it hurt?" A doctor replied.

"All over." Will shouted in pain.

"She says he feels like he's burning. Check for burns" Dr Owen demanded as they cut his top open.

"I don't see anything" was the reply he got.

"Where does it hurt the most, Will?" A doctor asked.

"Everywhere! Everywhere!" He screamed before being given a sedative that put him to sleep.

———✰———

"Mom?" Will said drowsily making Joyce walk over to him and Bob call for a doctor which woke the twins up from where they were asleep in the hospital chairs next to Will's bed.

"Sweetie, how you feeling? You okay?" Joyce asked as Bob came back into the room.

"Okay, they're on their way. Hey" Bob said.

"Who is that?" Will asked looking at Bob making everyone confused.

"What?" Joyce asked.

"It's me, big guy. It's Bob" Bob reminded.

"Are you a... doctor?" Will asked.

"No. No,it's just me...just-just Bob." He stuttered worriedly.

———✰———

"Do you know your name?" Dr Owens asked.

"Will" he replied.

"Your full name?" Dr Owens asked again.

"William Byers"

"Do you know- do you know who I am?" Dr Owens asked.

"A doctor." Will replied.

"Have we met before?" He asked.

"I don't remember" Will replied.

"You don't remember me? Okay" Dr Owens commented.

"How about, Uh how about this guy here?" Dr Owens said pointing at Mike who raised his hand making Will turn his head.

"It's alright. Take your time." Dr Owens assured when Will didn't answer.

"That's my friend...Mike." Will said making everyone smile.

"And what about this young lady." Dr Owens said pointing to Betty who smiled at Will.

"That's my other friend...Betty" Will replied hesitantly.

"What about me, kid? You remember me? They tell me you helped save me last night." Hopper spoke up. Making Will shake his head "You remember that?"

"Do you remember anything about last night? About what happened?" Dr Owens spoke up.

" I remember they hurt me." Will replied.

"You mean the doctors?" Dr Owens asked.

"No. The soldiers" Will responded.

"The soldiers hurt you?" Dr Owens asked.

"They shouldn't have done that. It upset him." Will said freaking out everyone in the room.

"You say 'upset him'" Dr Owens said before he gave Will a photo of his drawing of the shadow monster "is that 'him'?" Making Will nod his head. "Okay. Okay, I wanna try something. It's gonna seem a little odd at first, but I think it's really gonna help us understand what's going on." Dr Owens spoke mainly to Joyce before turning back to Will "is that okay?" He asked to which Will nodded his head.

A man came in rolling in a metal trolly with part of the Upside down in a plastic box.

"Now Will, I want you to just let us know if you feel anything. Okay?" Dr Owens. Said before nodding to the man by the trolls who started to singe the end of the creature in the tank.

"Do you feel anything?" Dr Owens asks Will.

"A little stung" Will said uncomfortably.

"It stings? Where?" Dr Owens asked.

"My chest." Will squirmed holding his chest as his heart rate got faster.

"Okay son" Dr Owens said before nodding at the man to burn more of the creature.

"How about now?" Dr Owens asked.

"It-it burns" Will stuttered out. "Ah! It burns"

"Where?" Dr Owens asked as Will's heart rate hit faster.

"Everywhere" Will squirmed in pain before he started screaming.

"That's enough! That's enough! Stop!" Joyce yelled but the man ignored her.

"You heard her! That's enough! That's it! We're done! Okay" Hopper yelled making the man stop and Will to sigh in relief as his heart rate started to go down.

Dr Owens took Hopper and Joyce out to explain what was happening as the twins stood in the room horrified by the fact there friend, the first friend they had ever made together my was feeling the same things as the Upside down.

———✰———

"Will. Will? Will?" Betty snapped Will out of the trance he was in as Bob and Joyce were arguing with the guards outside.

"What's wrong? Are you hurting again?" Mike asked.

"Uh-I saw something" Will told them leaning towards them.

"In your now memories?" Betty asked.

"The shadow monster. I think I know how to stop him" Will nodded to Betty's question before he whispered the rest of his sentence as if he was worried someone else could hear him.

———✰———

"I-I'm sorry" Will apologised a couple of hours after talking to the doctors about stopping the shadow monster.

"What? What do you mean sweetie?" Joyce asked.

"He made me do it" Will said starting to cry making Betty look down in though as the others looked at Will in confusion.

"Who made you do what?" Joyce asked urgently.

"I told you. They upset him. They shouldn't have done that. They shouldn't have upset him." Will cried making Betty look at him a horrified realisation.

"The spy" Betty said making Mike look at her in horror and Joyce look confused "the spy!" She shouted running out the room with Mike behind her.

"Whoa, whoa!" The soldiers at the door stopped them.

"We need to get through!" Mike shouted as heard Betty struggled to get through.

"Is a trap! It's a trap! We need to warn them!" Betty shouted as Bob held on to them both.