𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐲𝐰𝐨𝐠

———✰———

"Rise and shine" Hopper said awakening Eleven. She just rolled over ignoring him "so that's it,huh? You're still not talking? All right...I guess I'm just going to have to enjoy this triple decker Eggo extravaganza on my own." He left the room with Eleven following.

"Mmm! Mmm! Good right?" He asked as they started eating. "Know the great thing about it? It's only 8,000 calories."

"You visited her agin last night?" He asked already knowing the answer.

"She said she needs me" Eleven replied.

"Want me to go check on her?" Hopper asked making El shake her head. "I know that you miss her,alright? But it's too dangerous. You're the last thing she needs right now. You're gonna see her. Soon. And not just in that head of yours. You're gonna see her in real life. I feel like I'm making progress with these people."

"Friends don't lie" Eleven replied.

"What?" Hopper asked.

"You say 'soon' on day 21. You say 'soon' on day 205. You now say 'soon' on day 326?" Eleven stated.

"What is this? You're counting the days down like some sort of prisoner?" Hopper asked.

"When is 'soon'?" Eleven asked.

"'Soon' is when it's not dangerous anymore." Hopper stated.

"When?" El asked.

"I don't know" Hopper said.

"On day 500?" She asked.

"I don't know" he said again.

"On day 600?" She asked.

"I don't know" he repeated.

"On day 700? On day 800?" She asked.

"I need to see her" she said before she used her powers to flick the Eggos onto him.

"Shit! Shit!" He yelled looking at her.

"Friends. Don't lie" she stated before stomping in her room using her powers to slam the door.

———✰———

"The case of Phineas Gage is one of the great, medical curiosities of all time. Phineas was a railroad worker in 1848 who had a nightmarish accident. A large iron rod was completely drives through his head. Phineas miraculously survived. He seemed fine. Physically, yes, he was. But his injury resulted in a complete change if personality. So much so that his friends started referring to him as 'no longer Gage' at the time this was known as the American crowbar case" Mr Clarke spoke until he was interrupted by Dustin entering the classroom.