18: I Miss You

In your mind, this was not a reality. It was a mere simulation or a dream that you couldn't wake up from. The pain that you felt in your chest every day reminded you that you would never see him again. Feel his hands when he's trying to show you how to do something or hear his raspy voice every morning when you wake up and every night before bed. He was your lifeline, and now what did you have to live for? A tear streamed down your face as you looked at the great statue with a longing for his presence. You loved Clark enough to risk your job, your friends and family, and even your sanity. For the man from another planet caused you to worry all the time whether it be his whereabouts or his well being. But he was so strong in your eyes and so enduring that you had a strong feeling deep down that nothing could stop him. But of course, you were proved wrong. His last battle leaving you without him. You lost your everything that day and nothing would ever be able to replace him. Nothing could give you what he gave you and knowing that hurt you even more. You felt alone at that moment, realizing that nothing and no one could compare or even come close to being him. You placed your shaking cold hand on the wet stone statue and took in a deep breath as to try to remember how he felt. But all you could feel at that moment was the wet surface of the statue and the roughness that came with it. You dropped your hand from the figure and turned your back to it because looking at it any longer would cause you to break down in front of the few civilians already there taking pictures of the grand structure. And the reason for it's being wet had come again pattering against the sidewalks and streets around you, and on the back of your thin rain jacket. Finally, something other than your hood to hide your tears. As the rain continued to fall you let down your hood and lifted your head to the sky, the place where your Superman was invincible. The rain had been somewhat of a relief to your red and tear-stained puffy face. Just a little while longer like this and you would be headed back to the place where you and Clark called home. 

*****

Short chapter I know but there is going to be a part two! I've just been so busy I couldn't keep up with updating this book. But please bear with me guys, I appreciate all the love and support shown.

*****

Thanks for reading!