23: Excuse Me?

*DISCLAIMER*

I apologize in advance if this chapter is offensive to anyone. It does involve sexism. However, it is just an imagine and it ends with a good ending :)

.

You finished off your outfit with a pair of black lace flats. As you were finishing getting ready you thought about how this dinner would go. Based on your last dinner with his parents, you were worried this time would be even worst. You flattened down your black body-hugging dress as you headed to the front porch where Henry waited for you. "Wow," He started. You blushed as you turned to face him, holding your gold clutch to your stomach. "You look...beautiful." He chuckled grabbing your hand. Even after dating Henry for two years he still gave you butterflies. "Thank you, Henry." He helped you down the three stairs and to his car where he opened the passenger side door and made his way to his side. During the ride, you stared out of the window the whole time. Taking deep breaths as you thought of all the possible situations and outcomes of this evening. As you sat in thought you felt Henry's hand land on your left knee and give it a light squeeze, causing you to turn your attention to him. "You ok?" He looked at you for a brief moment before returning his eyes to the road. "Yeah, fine." You smiled.

---

Henry put the car in park after pulling up to the big house and the both of you got out. You were still taken back by how huge the front yard was and how much the house resembled a mansion. It had been a while since your last time here. The drive down his parents' private road was about five minutes and the drive up the driveaway alone took a minute or two in addition to that. As you stood next to the car still admiring the beautiful house, Henry clasped his left hand with your right and looked at you. "Ready?" He gave you a reassuring smile to which you nodded and walked with him up to the house. It didn't take long for the two of you to enter the home because his parents often leave the front door unlocked. "Mom!? Dad!?" Henry asked loudly. His voice echoed in the large entryway. Ceilings high and tall, and floors dark wood and stained. The interior decorations were beautiful. Custom designed couches and furniture. The house looked like it hadn't been lived in the whole twenty years his parents have been there. "Henry dear?" His mother came from behind the wall next to the entrance to the rest of the house. She looked like she did the first time you met her, petite with a very small and fragile frame. But the jewelry she wore distracted you from that feature of her. "Hello mother," Henry kissed her softly on the cheek before turning his attention to you who stood behind him. "Hi Mrs.Cavill." If you hadn't said anything you thought she would never notice you. Her gaze stumbled to you and the change in her demeanor alerted you. Her shoulders were no longer slightly slouched as they had been when she first entered the room, her smile not so warm like it was when she saw Henry, and her eyebrows not sat in a relaxed manner. She looked more like she had seen something she could not have less interest in. "I'm so very glad you could join us this evening." You could tell it took everything in her to fix her body language and hug you. "Happy to be here. Very delighted to enjoy this evening with your family." Your eyes moved to Henry who seemed flattered by your comment. His mother smiled and nodded turning on her heels. "You two can follow me into the kitchen, dinner has just finished." Henry placed his hand on your lower back and guided you ahead of him. In the kitchen, there was marble and glass everywhere. Such to the point that you would not dare bring a child under ten into it. You and Henry took a seat at the large white marble table as his mother began to speak. "Henry I am going to grab your father, last time I checked he fell asleep in the study." She chuckled. "Of course he did." Henry dropped his head and smiled as his mother left. Henry always talked about his father being a book lover. He stayed in the library growing up and now that he has enough books to last him a lifetime all he ever does is hang out in his study and read, research, and then some. You along with everyone who knows Henry and his family has said that Henry's love for knowledge is due to that fact. Soon his mother came back with a tall man following her. His build was like Henrys, only, time has caused him to become less tight and lean. And though tall, he was not Henry's height. He smiled upon making eye contact with you before he greeted his son with a handshake and hug. "Good to see you father." He then moved and grabbed your hand with both of his and rubbed your knuckles. "It is a pleasure to see you again Y/n. I always say, my son has done well, finding a beautiful woman like yourself." Your cheeks became a rose shade at his father's compliment and as you often did, you looked to Henry who just smiled at you and nodded reassuringly.