40: But You're My Boss

It was a long day at work, and you would have given anything to get off early and go home. You decided, however, that you needed the extra money to help you pay for your new apartment. Pushing yourself away from your desk you spun yourself around in your chair as your co-worker and best friend Dylan shook his head at you. "You're gonna get caught," He said tweaking the headset on his head. You continued to spin in your chair as you exhaled. "I'm so bored." You said being that you had finished all your work. Suddenly as you spun once more, you stopped and caught your breath. Looking up at the figure in front of you, you were confronted with your boss. "Mr. Cavill I-" He cut you off. "You were spinning," You looked at Dylan who smirked at you and spun in his chair mocking you behind Henry's back. "I finished all my work, sir." He nodded as he looked at you with a scolding eye. You felt hot under his stare but maintained your cool for the most part. "Come with me to my office and I'll give you some work to do then." He turned around and began to walk to his office. You followed him but not before punching Dylan in the arm and then catching up with Henry.

Watching Henry walk ahead of you, you scanned the tall man up and down as you always did whenever he walked around the floor you worked on. Sometimes you would accidentally catch his eye and have to rush your gaze to something else. But now, even the smallest of things like when his pants leg would flow from his leg as he stepped, it made you more attracted to him. But you could never shoot your shot at him. One because you know how much of a nervous wreck you are around him and two because he's your boss. And that would never work out. You followed Henry who had just made a right turn around a corner, and down the hall was the only room in this hall, his office. He likes his privacy you presumed. You walked inside and Henry walked over to his desk. "Have a seat Ms. y/l/n." You sat down in the chair that was closest to his desk as he sat back in his chair and observed you." You nervously sat and waited for Henry to say something to you but he didn't. He only watched you. "Mr. Cavill if I may-" He held his finger up to you and walked around his desk. "You know that I've been watching you." He said as he leaned back on the desk with his arms, pushing his muscles into the fabric. "I'm sorry Mr.Cavill I don't know what you're getting at." You chuckled nervously.

"I see you looking at me when I make my rounds. " You nervously intertwined your fingers together and looked away from Henry as he continued. "You think you can sit there looking all pretty and watching me and have me not say anything?" He stood really close to you now. So much so that you melted into the chair and began to sweat. But relief washed over you when he backed up to his desk again getting in the same position as before. "Thank you for the compliment Mr. Cavill but I have to get back to finding some work to do." You said speedily as you stood up to leave. But he stopped you by grabbing your hand. "You seem nervous, are you nervous?" He asked. You simply chuckled and shrugged your shoulders not knowing how he wanted you to respond. "Why? You can be comfortable with me."  He let your hand go and you felt your heartbeat deep within you and the air was beginning to get hot. He stood up straight, facing you, and tilted his head down at you with a piercing smirk. He began getting closer to your face and as he did the clock on the wall started to tick louder. You started to sweat again and you couldn't hold in the breath that had suddenly escaped your lips. "Mr.Cavill," Was all you could say until Henry's lips touched yours. Thousands of butterflies filled your stomach as his arm slid around your back to hold you closer to him. You brought your hand to the back of his neck and gripped it firmly as you pressed your lips harder to his. 

Suddenly the door began to open and a voice emerged from it. "Mr.Cavill you-" The two of you pulled away from each other but Henry hadn't turned away from you. You looked at the person that was speaking and saw Dylan. His mouth was to the floor. But then you looked back at Henry who had a very angry expression on his face. He sighed heavily and rolled his eyes as he turned around. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to interrupt but- actually you know what I'll have him call you later." Dylan backed out with his lips pursed as you chuckled under your breath. "Mr.Cavill I'll head back to my desk now." You quickly walked past him before he could stop you and waited for his response. "Very well." He placed his hands in his pockets and stood back looking over you once more before you walked out of his office. You were startled when you turned to walk away because Dylan stood there against the wall still shocked at what he had seen. You only laughed and shook your head grabbing his arm as you pulled at him. "Girl I didn't know I was going to be seeing THAT today." You laughed in disbelief as the two of you headed back to your desks. You would be thinking about what transpired all night long. 

*****

And here's to the last chapter of this book! Thank you to everyone who has read it and encouraged me to write more. I never saw this book getting to this point and I only imagined to have people love my work but here we are and it is all because of you and it is so so so appreciated. It will be a while for me to write up some chapters and new ideas for the next book but I promise more things are coming in the future so stay tuned!

*****

Thanks for reading! xx