Chapter 9

~Time skip: 1 week~

We greeted the host of the show then were asked to introduce ourselves individually. I fixed the glasses on my face and hoped it wasn't noticeable. "The first activity..." We all looked at each other and I could tell Youngjo and Dongju we're panicking on the inside. The order went like this: Me > Hwanwoong > Dongju > Seoho Youngjo > Geonhak. "Our height difference may pose a slight problem..." "Don't look so worried." I shook my head then looked away.

"How many sheets, Geonhak?" He picked up the sheets and counted. "6." We all cheered as we had passed the goal by one. "We could've gotten more had Dongju manned up and let everything go." "Okay but, how I could? You were being rough hyung..." We all eyed Seoho as none of us could fathom him being rough. "A-Anyway..." He quickly walked over and took the pins from the staff. "Next is an individual game..."

The show was near its end and Hwanwoong currently had the lead. The rest of the rankings went like this: 2) Youngjo, 3) Me, 4) Seoho, 5) Dongju, 6) Geonhak. "Alright, this last game is worth 4 pins." "That could change everything..." We were told that we would serenade each other and if we got the person to smile, we'd get the pins. We randomly chose names from a container and were told to switch with someone if we had our own name.

We watched as Geonhak serenaded Dongju, who seemed close to smiling as Geonhak was also adding in gestures. Dongju broke down and thus he earned 4 pins. Hwanwoong and Seoho had also gotten 4 pins and my turn had come up. I stared at Hwanwoong as I waited for the song to start. "You won't get me so easily, hyung." "Watch me." The music started and I was genuinely surprised. It was a song that he and I often sang back when we were just trainees. I gave him a smirk as I knew he would eventually give in.

My prediction was right as after a minute into the song, he started smiling and eventually sang along. "Time for the results." We all stood in line and waited for them to announce the rankings. "First place...Hwanwoong. Second, Keonhee. Third, Seoho. Fourth, Youngjo. Fifth, Geonhak. Sixth, Dongju." We gave ourselves a round of applause then talked a bit with the host before we closed out. I sighed then walked off to the side to get a bottle of water.

"Smart move to hide it with glasses, fashionable ones at that, but I've seen it and now I want answers." "I don't know what you're talking about." He tried taking the glasses off of my face, but I firmly held on. "Keon..." "It's nothing. I'm fine." "At least tell me how you got it?" "I fell." It wasn't the entire truth, but it certainly wasn't a lie. "Okay..." Seoho squeezed my hand then slowly walked away. "I love that he cares, but he doesn't need to get involved." I sighed then saw Geonhak approaching me. "Hey cutie." "Geon...Aren't you-" "Look, It's not my fault. You're the one who fell that way." "How did you know what I was going to say?" "It's all over your face. Now, what were you and Seoho talking about?" "The show." I looked at him with a straight face but was somewhat panicking on the inside. "I see. If you need to talk about anything serious, come to me. Only."

I rubbed my temples then leaned my head against the window. Everyone else had gotten out, but I was too tired to do so myself. "Keon, come on." I slowly got out then squeezed my eyes shut as the side of my head started pounding. "Hyung, are you okay?" "I'm fine. Really." I sped walked past them and headed into the building.