Chapter 16

Naturally, we were scolded and had two weeks worth of days off taken away plus two monthly family visits. "Why do these things happen to us?" "Because those two can't get their shit together." "Dongju! Language!" "I'm sure you would've done it anyway, Seoho hyung." I felt bad. I felt everything was my fault. That things only ended up this way because I make it obvious. That I'm a weakling who can't do anything. "I'm sorry, everyone." "Keonhee, he-" I ran out the dorm. I needed air. Or maybe I just needed to get away.

I slowed down to catch my breath then sighed. I had run far, so I might as well make the most of my time. I did some re-examining of my situation and feelings and came to a conclusion. We needed to break up. I had held on, hoping things would get better, but it only made the others worse. I thought about how Hwanwoong had been there for me when I needed someone and felt a new appreciation for him. At a crucial time like now, I'd probably need someone like him. "K-Keonhee o-oppa...?" I noticed a few girls squealing and taking photos. I briefly waved to them and kept walking. It felt nice to meet fans outside of scheduled events and shows.

I sat down by the fountain and watched as water flowed. I guess I really did need to get out and just think. The heaviness on my shoulders had long since been lifted and my mind had become clearer. "Hey." I looked to the side and was surprised to see Youngjo. "You followed me?" "How else would I know you were here?" He sat down beside me then sighed. "You're not the only one at fault Keon. We all are. Us four for being oblivious and Geonhak for basically being the perp." "Well, Hwanwoong knew...I talked to him a few times." "I see. We should've done something. We're supposed to be a team, a single unit working together."

I was grateful for the conversation Youngjo had with me. It was refreshing and different. "We should head back, I think we're starting to draw attention." We briefly waved at the fans that gathered around and squeezed our way out. "Is Dongju still upset?" "Nah." "That's good." Youngjo draped an arm over my shoulder then chuckled. "Have I ever told you how much of a troublemaker you are?" "No." "Well you are, but that's what makes you Keonhee, a valuable member of Oneus." I couldn't help but smile. Things could only look up from here.

ㅃㅃㅃㅃㅃㅃㅃㅃㅃㅃㅃㅃㅃㅃㅃㅃ

We all ate in silence in a circle. I had wanted to break up as soon as possible, but I feared for what could happen to any of us if he lashed out. "I can't eat anymore." "You hardly touched your food Hwanwoong." It was surprising to hear that from him as he always ate everything he was given. "Are you sick?" "I'm fine." He got up from his spot and left for his bedroom. "I'm-" I stopped Seoho in his tracks then shook my head. "He's fine. Just eat." I didn't know what made me so sure, but I decided to trust my gut.

I rinsed out one of the pots then put the now clean pot on the stove top. Everyone had gone to their rooms and left me with the boring chore. It didn't mind it as it kept me busy. "Hey." "Oh, Hwan-ah. You didn't sleep?" "What gave you that idea?" "I just guessed..." He bumped my side then took over what I was doing. "I-" "You always do this. Just let me help out." I sighed then watched as he washed the dishes in my stead. "Like what you see?" I snorted then hit his arm. "Don't get so full of yourself." We both laughed, but I wasn't going to lie, I did like what I was seeing.