Chapter 17

I tapped my foot as I waited for Geonhak to come back from the studio. I wanted to end it as quickly as possible. The door opened and I was disappointed to see that it wasn't Geonhak. "Where's Geonhak?" "Studio. Why?" "Nothing." I pretended to go back to practice my moves then was soon joined by Seoho. "What's on your mind?" "Our next comeback." "Liar." The door opened again and this time revealed Geonhak. "I've been waiting for you." "Oh?" "Have a seat." Surprisingly he didn't put up a fuss and sat. "Geon...I think it's time we ended it. Our relationship." "You aren't happy?" "No and neither is the rest of the group." "But Keon-" "That's it. Case closed." It felt good. I felt good. I felt like I finally had control of my life again. And to make things better, Seoho was there to witness it.

I had expected Geonhak to retaliate, do something hurtful. He didn't. It confused me and it seemed like Seoho was too. He had simply got up and left without another word. "That went well." "Yeah. Weird." "Well, be happy. You're free now." Though, I have to admit, it doesn't feel any different than before.

The rest of the day went by smoothly and no one had asked why I looked so bubbly and why Geonhak was quiet. I assumed they could already tell or really didn't care. Probably the former. Our schedule was free for the rest of the day and Hwanwoong seized the opportunity to take me out. "Where are we going?" "You'll see." The path started to look familiar and it suddenly clicked. "Aww! I missed them..." I hurried in and was greet by new and old faces. "Oh, you two came back." "Hello again." She returned our greeting and I went back to playing with the animals.

"So...You look more alive." "Thank you?" The dog changed its position on my lap while Hwanwoong and I conversed. "Did something good happen?" "Well, us coming here is something good." "Did you two break up?" I stopped petting the dog and looked at him. His gaze was intense and it kind of scared me a bit. "Yeah...Why?" "Just glad to see you're out of that toxic relationship." It warmed my heart remembering that he had been there for me through a lot of the bad times. "Ah, I'm glad too..." I subconsciously touched the areas on my face that probably have scarred. I felt a hand hold mine and move it away from my face. "Leave the past in the past. Think about the future, like progressively getting better for our fans." "Yeah.."

I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel hollow anywhere inside me. I figured it was natural to feel that way after a break up. "Keonhee." "Huh?" "You keep dropping your food..." I didn't understand what he meant until I looked down at my lap. "Oh..." "What has you so distracted?" I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. I sighed then decided to just eat instead. "Talk to me." "I was just thinking about the new music. Would the fans like it and all that." It has come out more flat then I intended, but it's not like I could just take it back. "Lee Keonhee, if you don't tell me-" "Fine! There's a large hole inside me and I miss Geonhak!" I was towering over Hwanwoong then noticed people had started to stare as I had raised my voice.

I gathered my things and left. This wasn't how I'm supposed to feel. I ruffled my hair as I walked back to the dorm. I decided to just sleep it off and hopefully regain myself. I felt something hold me back and saw Hwanwoong holding the back of my jacket. "Now what-" He had pulled me forward and pressed his lips against mine. They were soft then I realized what was going on. I gently pushed him away then stared at him. "What was that..." "How do you feel?" "Huh? I feel fine." I felt fine? It wasn't a lie, the hole had disappeared." "As I thought. You just miss being in a relationship. And don't think I'll always do this for you when you do. Be strong hyung."