Chapter 3 // Accusations

I could see Eric trying to hide his face behind a textbook. I worked my way to the back of the room and settled myself into my seat.

"Eric, what you saw was nothing I swear to god," I pleaded. He pretended like he didn't notice me. "Eric you need to trust me. All they did was give me a ride to school,".

He looked at me puzzled. "Then explain Travis Olsen's arm around you," he demanded.

"They just gave me a ride to school and he put an arm around me but he did it as a friend. It didn't mean anything and he didn't know I was dating someone," I quickly said.

"That wasn't what it looked like," snapped Eric.

"Look, you need to trust me! Nothing is going on between me and Travis. I barely know him, I just met him and he egged my house with a couple of friends but Daniel offered for a ride and I just-"

"They egged your house?" Eric interrupted.

"Yeah it was just a prank but-" I tried to say.

"You should know better then to get involved with those guys Alexis," he said.

"Do you think that I asked for them to egg my house?" I asked, surprised that he would accuse me.

"Whatever Alexis. You always liked attention," he said.

I didn't say anything, I just stared at him, shocked he would say something. Why was he acting like this?

I didn't pay attention to anything my chemistry teacher was saying beause I was too busy thinking about Eric. What the hell? I don't get him. I was getting really mad but I was a little confused at Eric's temper. Did something happen over the summer? I continued to stare into space until the bell rang, signaling the end of class. I got up and just as I was about to leave the classroom, somebody grabbed my wrist and spun me around. It was Eric.

I rolled my eyes and turned back around.

"No, listen to me Alexis. I didn't mean what I said. You're not an attention whore, I was just angry about earlier," he said. I was too angry to even listen. Tears stung the back of my eyes and I forced myself to hold them back. I was too angry at Eric. Why would he say something like that to me? I was his girlfriend and I don't know why he would be so angry with me. Did I do anything wrong?

"I don't care Eric. Whatever," I said. I turned back around but Eric wouldn't let me go. I held all my tears in because that last thing I was going to do was cry.

"C'mon Alexis. You love me, you can't stay mad at me for long," he said. He was being so arrogant and cocky- last time I checked, that was Daniel's job.

"Let me go Eric," I said forcefully.

"No, stop running away," said Eric.

I yanked my wrist from his grip and gave him my most mean-looking glare. Eric looked angered beyond what I had ever seen before- it almost scared me a little.

I walked to my locker as quickly as I could and avoided making any eye contact. I put away all my stuff and got ready for my next class. As soon as I shut my locker, Travis appeared out of nowhere.

"Hello," he said cheerfully.

"Oh. Hey Travis," I said plastering a fake smile on to my face.

"I'm sorry I gave your boyfriend the wrong impression," he apologized. "I didn't know you had one,".

"You say that like you're surprised," I said.

"I should've known a pretty girl like you would have a boyfriend," said Travis with a smirk.

I stood still, too scared to say anything. I blushed slightly pink and smiled (a genuine one this time). I felt someone sling their arm around me and I looked up to meet a beautiful pair of eyes staring down at me. Daniel.

"Ay stop flirting with her. She has a boyfriend," Daniel said.

"I could say the same to you," said Travis, motioning towards the arm around my shoulder. The smirk on Daniel's face was impossible to miss. People in the crowd started to give me curious looks- Eric was among them. I stared back at him, mad for what he said.

I guess Daniel could sense how uncomfortable I was, because he snuggled his arm even harder, pulling me closer to him.

"He's not worth it," he whispered into my ear. I nodded to show my acknowledgement but I couldn't help but feel guilty for making Eric suffer. He looked so angry yet so calm.

The warning bell rung throughout the halls and everybody began to scurry to their classes, including me.