Chapter 17 // Willy Wonka

Lily Collins as Ariana Hurst! Please comment who you most prefer to see Alexis with; Anthony, Daniel or Travis! I'm very curious to see peoples' input!

--

My head surprisingly didn't hurt that bad. It was noon on a saturday and I was laying on my stomach in the guest room bed.

After Anthony left to go clean up Leslie's barf I basically collapsed onto the bed and went out like a light.

I rolled over onto my back and groaned at the pain in my head. My stomach didn't hurt too bad at all, which was definitely a good thing. I slowly lifted myself upright and placed my feet on the cold wooden floor. I stood up, placing a hand to my head trying to contain the pounding. I walked back over to my room and dared to take a peak inside. Ariana was passed out on the floor with a crumpled brownie in her hand while Leslie was no where to be found.

The sight before my eyes wasn't pleasant. Despite Travis's efforts at cleaning up, bud light cans were still all over the ground along with tequila bottles and whiskey. To make it worse, the smell was absolutely foul. It reeked of puke. I pinched my nose and made my way over to my closet, quickly grabbing my turquoise long-sleeve before exiting the room, not able to take anymore of this awful stench.

I padded down the hallway, eventually reaching the bathroom. I turned the knob and jumped up at what was before my eyes. Travis was sleeping in the bathtub with one hand and one leg lazily stretched out of the tub. Leslie was on the ground surrounded by some brown-ish liquid and the toilet was practically filled to the top with barf. I gagged and immediately stepped out of the bathroom closing the door.

I decided it was best to just change right there in the hallway. I stripped my shirt and pants off revealing my lacey undergarments.

As I placed the long-sleeve over my head I heard a wolf-whistle. I quickly yanked the shirt down to cover my body.

"Who the-" I started but I was quickly interrupted.

"Lookin' mighty fine Romanos," chirped Daniel.

Ugh.

"Shut up," I mumbled, making my way down the stairs.

I passed by him, purposely nudging shoulders. I gave him a cold glare but his eyes were trained on my rear.

"Hey!" I yelled, snapping his attention back to my voice, "my eyes are up here!".

He looked almost confused for a moment but his perplexed look was quickly replaced with a smirk. Typical. He snickered and continued after me down to the main floor. Anthony was crashing on the couch laying on his side. His pants were slacking down slightly and his shirt wrinkled up, revealing his tattoo. I stared at it.

September 11, 2001.

I felt my self sadden immediately in realization of that particular date. September 11, 2001; the day that four planes were hijacked and over 3,000 people were killed . My heart ached for Anthony as I imagined who he could've lost that day.

As if he sensed my presense, his eyes fluttered open and he stared at my face. I didn't even notice until he quickly pulled his shirt down, re-covering the tattoo.

"Hey how are you feeling?" he asked.

"I'm alright actually," I replied. "You?"

"I'm good, I only had one can of bud light," he assured me.

He sat up and leaned his back against the arm of the chair, giving me space to a take a seat next to him.

"Yo I'm gonna go get some McDanks," said Daniel, pointing to the front door. "You guys want any?".

"Orange juice and pancakes," I replied.

"Two Hashbrowns and some oatmeal," said Anthony. "Better get a bunch of coffee for the two shit-faced girls upstairs,".

"Alright. I'll be back in twenty minutes,". Daniel turned, walking out of the kitchen and slamming the door behind him.

"I'm sorry," I said, turning to Anthony.

"For what?" he asked, although I'm sure he already knew.

"About whoever you lost on that dreadful day," I clarified.

He looked down at his lap and I saw pain flash across his face.

"It's fine," he said quietly.

"If you don't mind me asking, who did you.. lose?" I said nervously. I smacked myself in the forehead for asking such a sensitive question.

He paused before answering. "My parents,".

My heart dropped and I instantly felt the need to comfort him. I scooted over and gently sat on his lap, bringing my arms to his neck. I slowly rubbed his shoulders while hugging him tightly. He slowly snaked his arms around my back and held me close. We stayed like that for a few minutes before he pulled away.

"Enough of this," he smiled. "Let's watch a movie or something,".

"Okay," I whispered, pecking him on the cheek. I lifted myself off of his lap and went straight to the DVD cabinet.

I sifted through all the movies coming up with some suitable options.

"The Breakfast Club, Pirates of the Caribbean, or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?" I read aloud.

"Charlie and the Chocolate Factory," he immediately responded, his eyes widening like saucers.

"Willy Wonka it is!" I cheered happily while turning on the T.V. and placing the DVD inside.

Travis Olsen's P.O.V.

I slowly came to my senses and I rubbed my eyes to clear the blurriness. I moved to sit up but I winced at the uncomfortable pain in my back. I looked around at the hard bathtub I was laying in and longed to be back in my bed. I took a deep breath and immediately pinched my nose to prevent any more ghastly fumes from entering my nostrils. I looked at Leslie who was in a deep sleep on the bathroom floor. The toilet was filled with barf and I cringed just looking at it. I quietly shut the lid and stepped over Leslie, silently making my way over to the door. I opened it and walked out into the hallway removing my hand from my nose.

I heard soft laughter coming from downstairs. I tiptoed down the steps and peered past the kitchen into the family room. Alexis and Anthony were cuddling on the couch together watching some movie. In that moment I wanted so badly to be on that sofa with her instead of Anthony. I watched him as he looked down at her smiling, placing an arm around her waist. Where was the Anthony I knew who only cared about getting down a girl's pants? Being sweet and caring was my thing, not his. Alexis was a great girl. She was thoughtful and understanding, and she respected herself. Why would she want to spend any time with Anthony?

Anthony whispered something in her ear and she giggled snuggling deeper into his chest.

I'm a dick. Maybe I should be accepting, and understand that maybe since Alexis is so great, she could change a guy like Anthony. Maybe she'll be good for him and somehow in a weird twisted way he'll be good for her. But what if he breaks her heart? He's the most notorious player at our school and I don't think Alexis could handle another heartbreak. She needs someone who is loyal, responsible, and who will take good care of her. She needs, well, someone like me.

It's official. I'm going to get Alexis Romanos to fall in love with me.