Chapter 25 // You're sodium fine

This is sort of a filler chapter, sorry! But there is some Daniel + Alexis action for you Daniel fans out there ;)

I awkwardly climbed into the car and stayed silent the whole ride to school. Daniel tried to make conversation a couple of times, but eventually stopped realizing that something had gone down recently. My hair was up in a messy poinytail and I barely made an effort with my make up. I was wearing high waisted jean shorts and a gray cropped sweater. I didn't want to wear my leather jacket at the moment because I felt awkward wearing it for some reason when Travis and I were on awkward terms.

We arrived at the school five minutes later and I climbed out and fast walked into the school. A hand clasped my shoulder and I turned around.

"What the hell is going on? Did I miss something?" asked Daniel.

"Um no you didn't miss much," I lied. I turned back around but he quickly stepped into stride with me.

"You're lying," he said.

"Ok fine, you did miss something," I admitted.

"What is it?" he asked.

I sighed and stayed quiet. I made my way over to my locker and started doing my combination.

"Well?" Daniel asked again.

"Ask both of them," I said.

"Why both?" he asked curiously.

"Because I have an issue with Anthony, and I have different issue with Travis. Neither of them are aware about me having an issue with the other. I don't know if that made sense to you or not but yeah that pretty much is what's up," I said.

After gathering my chemistry stuff and shoving it in my backpack, I made my way over to my classroom, leaving Daniel in the dust.

I sighed as I sat down in my seat and placed my head in my hands.

"Alright class," said Mrs. Rees. "I was pleased to see the support that you students showed at the fair. We raised over two thousand dollars!"

The class erupted in cheers and I just stayed in my seat, clapping unenthusiastically; afterall, it was the night of the fair that it had gotten super awkward between me, Travis and Anthony.

"Now settle down kids settle down," Mrs. Rees said with a smile on her face. "We are finishing up our periodic table unit and we will be ending the first quarter with a partner project,".

The class started to whisper excitedly and eye their bestfriends- claiming their partners.

"And you will choose your partner," she added.

Everybody started talking and it took a while for Mrs. Rees to quiet everybody down again.

"You didn't let me finish," she said. She pulled out a small bucket filled with popsicle sticks. "I have written everybody's name on a popsicle stick. You will choose a popsicle stick at random and whoever's name is on the popsicle stick will be your partner,".

The class groaned but I silently cheered because if we were choosing at free will I probably would've been that awkward kid who couldn't find a partner.

"You first Joe," she said, allowing a brown-haired kid to reach into the bucket.

"Caris," he read aloud.

A girl on the far left side of the classroom groaned and got up to go sit with Joe.

Mrs. Rees continued down the row until she got to me.

"Go ahead Alexis," she said.

I turned my head away and blindly reached my hand into the bucket. I grabbed the first stick that came into contact with my fingers and I lifted it out.