Chapter 27 // Who?

Alexis Romanos's Point of View

Homecoming was approaching. Fast. 

As part of my plan to make Anthony jealous, I was going to need a hot date. Homecoming was only a couple weeks away and that's how long I needed to get my flirt on with somebody.

The question was who? 

I could try with Daniel but he would know I was just using him to get to Anthony and Travis, which I would feel really bad about. I could use Sean, but I'm pretty sure he has his sights set on Ariana, who has her sights set on Felix, who has his sights set on Leslie, who has her sights set on Travis who may or may not have his sights set on me. 

Who would Anthony hate for me to go to homecoming with most? 

Eric, but that was definitely out of the question. I need somebody who will go with me on short notice but is good-looking. Where could I find him?

I shut my locker and sighed, there was so much on my mind. I turned around and there he was; the perfect date. He was super hot, he would make Anthony jealous and I'm sure he would go with me if I somehow convinced him. 

Travis Olsen. 

---

3 Days Later

I sat in my room, pondering how my conversation with Travis would go. Would I just drape myself all over him and flirtatiously bring up Homecoming and pretend to be clueless, or should I straight up tell him that I want him to be my homecoming date? Some guys like girls who just give them a hint- it's that little push that tells them yes, ask me to homecoming! 

But other guys like girls who carry their own weight and say what they want, when they want. They like girls who are assertive and if they want  something, they do everything within their power to get it. 

The question is, what type of girl does Travis prefer?  

I suppose I shouldn't be doing this at all. I suppose that using someone who is so innocent, has done nothing wrong and has always been affectionate towards me doesn't deserve to be a pawn in my chess game. In this game, I am the all-powerful queen, and Anthony.. is my king. I hope. I would be toying with Travis's heart and that is absolutely cruel yet for some reason I wasn't feeling too guilty about it. I guess when you spend a lot of time with bad boys' it makes you think differently. 

At the same time, I did not want to lose sight of my values. I did not want to change just because the people around me are different. But at the same time, I wanted Anthony more than any other guy I'd wanted before. 

There was something special about Anthony. There was something different about him; his eyes always filled with so much emotion. He's like an open book. He is such a strong person and I can just tell by the way he acts and how he keeps his composure even though deep down he's hurting because of all that he has lost. 

That is why I am willing to hurt someone else to get what I want. Selfish, I know. Rita and Amanda were right after all; I am most definitely a bitch

I stretched my legs out beneath my desk as I sat slumped in my chair. I looked around my room, pulling my thoughts down back to earth. I had spent the last ten minutes just thinking about Anthony and Travis, so now it was time to stop. Now it was time to act. 

There's a party at a local bar tonight and rumour has it Travis is going to be there. Apparently his presence there is becoming more and more common. 

I pulled out my curling iron, and turned it on. I let it sit on the desk and heat up while I made my way over to my closet and began sifting through clothes. I needed to look hot and irresistible so that my plan would work. 

What do guys like? Well I know the answer to that. Something that's tight and shows a lot of skin. I picked out a dress I had worn to a party sophomore year at my old school. I placed it on my bed and smoothed out the wrinkles while admiring the soft material. It was a tight black dress with a sweetheart neckline. It ended a little less than mid thigh and it hugged my body. It was plain, so I would need something to spice it up. I left the dress on my bed, walked back over to my desk and opened up my jewelry box. I untangled some of my necklaces, my heart hurting when I saw the one Anthony gave me. I ignored the feeling and threw the necklace aside. I settled on a multi-layered turquoise necklace that looks like a bunch of small stones stuck together. I put on some gold bangles and brushed my hair so that it'd be ready once the curling iron had heated up. 

I did my make up in the bathroom and walked downstairs to go eat something before the club. I unwrapped a vanilla protein bar and munched on it happily. If I only ate a little bit before the party hopefully I wouldn't look fat in my dress. I heard angry voices outside so I looked out my kitchen window, trying to find the source of the noise. 

I saw a flash of blonde hair and the color purple. I shifted my body over so I had a better view. Amanda and Anthony were pointing fingers at each other and arguing.

"...what I want!" said Amanda. The beginning of the sentence was muffled so I couldn't quite catch what she said. 

The whole conversation kind of went like that; I could only catch snippets of it. 

"You know how I feel!" shouted Anthony. 

"...care!" 

"I'm only doing.."

"..agreement!"

"..this anymore!"

"...four days!"

"She didn't do anything to harm..." 

"...whore, skankbag and a hoe!" 

"Don't you dare speak like that about..."

About who! Who were they talking about! What agreement? All these questions raced through my mind as I tried to figure out what they were shouting about. 

Eventually they started talking at a normal level so I didn't even bother trying to listen because there was no way I would be able to hear unless I stuck my head out the window which would totally give me away. 

I ran up the steps two at a time and tried to quietly open my bedroom window and hear their conversation but I heard nothing. I peeked outside and saw Anthony's car pulling out of the driveway, Amanda in the passenger seat with her hands folded across her large breasts which were being suffocated in her tight purple dress.

I tried to answer all the questions I was thinking about while I messily curled my hair.

A half-hour later when I had finished, I gave it some volume and afterwards I sprayed it all over with hairspray. I sauntered downstairs and slipped on my black pumps. 

The doorbell rang and I wondered who it could be. Maybe it was Daniel, offering to give me a ride. Or perhaps Ariana coming to see what I was doing. Or maybe even Leslie came because I had been avoiding her all week not really sure what to say to her about the whole Travis situation. 

Crap.

I didn't think about that. What would Leslie say if I went to homecoming with Travis? I can afford to lose Travis, but Leslie? No. 

This was getting to be extremely frustrating. I guess I will have to find somebody else to be my hoco date. 

I opened the door and flipped my hair over my shoulder, attempting to get it out of my face (INSERT GIF HERE) I lifted my eyes expecting to see Daniel, Ariana or Leslie but I was met by a different sight. 

Jet black hair, dark brown eyes and thin light-pink lips.

Eric.