Chapter 24 // Mixed Feelings

Hey guys :) I left you with a nice cliffhanger in the last chapter. Hope you liked it. Also, I finally put the official cast up so go check it out.

Alexis Romanos's Point of View

My heart stopped beating. I could feel the heat rise in my cheeks as I tried to understand what Travis had just said. Maybe he was joking? He looked like he was being completely serious.

He stared at me, his eyes searching my face for any sign of emotion besides surpise.

I started to laugh out of nervousness and he looked so sad for a moment.

"You're joking right?" I said.

"Why would I joke about that?" he said, sounding slightly annoyed.

"I don't know. I can't imagine that it's true. I mean.. look at me," I said. I motioned to my body and my face, trying to get the point across that I am not any guy's dream girl.

"Exactly. Look at you. You're absolutely beautiful," he said.

My lips parted slightly and I just stared at him. Is it just me or is the Ferris wheel moving even slower than before?

"Oh Travis.. I didn't.. know.." I said awkwardly.

"I know. That's one of the things I like about you. You're so innocent and oblivious,".

"I don't really know what to say,".

Travis intertwined his fingers and turned to face forward. He placed his hands in his lap and looked straight ahead, not saying anything. Did I do something wrong?

"Travis?" I asked.

He didn't reply.

"What's wrong?" I continued. A whole five minutes went by where he didn't say anything. By now, the Ferris wheel had practically reached the bottom.

As we approached the platform where we get out of our seats, Travis turned to me.

"What's wrong is that the girl I like doesn't like me back," he said.

Before I could object, he got off the Ferris wheel and walked away. I sat glued to my seat, staring at his back.

"Um m'am?" someone said.

"What?" I said snapping out of my trance.

"You need to get out," the volunteer said.

"Oh sorry," I apologized as he kindly helped me out. I spotted Leslie chatting animately with Vienna and I began jogging in the opposite direction. I did not want to talk to Leslie right now, because that would mean I would have to tell her what Travis told me.

"Alexis!" Leslie shouted.

I pretended like I didn't hear and continued forward. I started to pick the pace up as I heard her continuously shout my name.

"Alexis! Where are you going?" she yelled.

I was making my way back towards the kissing booth and the Haunted house when someone grabbed my arm and pulled me into an enclosed space.

I would have squealed, but there was a hand firmly placed over my mouth.

"Shh it's just me," said Anthony. He unclamped his hand from my mouth and let go of my arm.

He had pulled me into a small shed that was filled with halloween decorations. Some fake spiders with glittery eyes sat on the table beside Anthony, and table legs had cobwebs tangled around them.

"Anthony you scared me," I said, placing a hand over my beating heart.

"Sorry babe," he said, taking a step forward closing the space between us. He placed both hands on my cheeks and pulled me close. He planted his lips on mine and kissed me softly.