Chapter 6 // In You Go

Since I was going to be a rebel child and skip school, I decided to clean off the crusty eggs from the house. I walked upstairs and put on a pair of jean shorts and a bright green bikini top.

I walked out to my backyard and turned on the hose, dragging it all the way to the side of the house. I looked at the wall- this egg was going to need a good scrubbing in order to come off. I sighed and walked back inside gathering some sponges and other cleaning materials. I also grabbed a mop knowing that I wouldn't be able to reach too high with my height.

I dragged all my materials outside and stopped to braid my hair down my back to keep it out of the way. I took my phone and blasted the radio in my back pocket as I started cleaning.

This was repulsive. The smell was absolutely disgusting and it looked like bird poop had been smeared all down my wall. I cringed and scrubbed as hard as I could.

I started humming to the tune of "I love Rock n' Roll" as it came on. Eventually I started incorporating the words and singing them out. Once I had stopped singing I realized that the music wasn't even playing anymore. I reached into my back pocket for my phone but I didn't feel it. I looked at the ground wondering if it had fallen in the water bucket but it hadn't. I turned around but it was no where to be seen.

Chhhh.

That's the sound I heard as cold water came splashing down onto my head. I screeched and looked up, covered in goosebumps.

"WHAT THE HELL!" I yelled.

I saw Daniel's head pop out of Anthony's bedroom window above me.

"That's what you get for that slap you gave me," he smirked.

"YOU-" I started, but then I stopped. I had a better idea. I slowly leaned down and picked up the hose. I saw Daniel's eyes widen but it was too late- the water was shooting into the window and it nailed Daniel in the face. Score! I've always had good aim.
I kept shooting the water until Daniel disappeared from the window. I stood there for a couple of minutes but he didn't reappear so I went back to scrubbing the house. I started using the mop to get the higher sections of the house. I lowered the mop to get more soap- and that's when I felt it. A cold splash of water hit my side with a pop.

I looked over at Daniel to see him with a cheeky grin on his face and a ton of water balloons in his arms. Our eyes met and both looked down at the hose resting mid distance between us. We looked back up at each other before both diving down to the ground reaching for the hose. I army crawled quickly towards the hose but Daniel's long arms gave him the advantage.

I thought quick. All the water balloons had fallen out of Daniel's hands when he dove for the hose, so I picked up the closest one to me and chucked it at him hoping for it to hit his chest. I aimed a little high so it splashed against his face and he let out a yelp and dropped the hose to rub the water out of his eyes. I took advantage of the few seconds he didn't have the hose. I lurched forward getting a grip on it. As soon as Daniel saw what I did, he pounced on me pinning my hips and back to the ground. He tried to yank the hose from me as he straddled my waist.

"Get off me you fat lard!" I squealed.

"Never!" he yelled back at me.

We looked absolutely ridiculous. I brought my knees up, hitting him in the back causing him to fall forward and now we were face to face, centimeters away from each other. We both stopped and just let out our quick heavy breaths. He stared into my eyes as I stared at him. Suddenly a mischievous grin took over his face.

"See? Now isn't being beneath me better than on top?" he said.

I didn't hesitate in shoving the hose in his face, spurting water all up his nose.