Chapter 16 // I wanna dance with somebody

Rachel Gatina as Leslie Graham!

--

It was finally Friday! The whole week was filled with boring classes, jealous girls glaring at me, and fake dating Anthony. I felt like my bond with him was becoming stronger and we got along more often. We still argued and fought but that's because we disagreed over a lot of things, also he was so conceded.

I invited Leslie and Ariana over tonight for a sleepover since they were the only girls I had been spending any time with lately. I was actually very excited considering I hadn't really spent any time with girls in general these past few weeks.

The bell rung signaling the end of Chemistry and I had nearly made it out the door when a hand grasped onto my shoulder. I turned and came face to face with none other than my back-stabbing, cheating ex-boyfriend.

"Alexis,"

"Yes Eric?" I said as politely as possible.

"Could we talk? In private?" he asked nervously.

"Why?" I questioned, crossing my arms over my chest. I cocked an eyebrow and leaned on one leg.

"Well I just think we need to.. talk about things," he said quietly.

"Like what? Why don't you just say it right now?" I pushed.

"Just.. it has to be in private. I'll text you and we can meet up or something," he said. Before I had a chance to protest, he scurried out of the room and out of sight. I sighed and let out a deep breath. Anthony peeped his head into the classroom curiously.

"Were you just talking to Eric?" he asked.

"Yeah he said something about wanting to talk to me," I muttered.

"What did he want to talk about?" he asked.

"How am I supposed to know," I snapped.

He looked almost hurt for a second before his usual personality returned and he let out an angry huff.

"Sorry, I'm frustrated," I apologized.

"It's cool," he shrugged. He held his arm out and I walked towards him, letting him put his arm on my shoulder. Today I was wearing a low marroon v-neck with my black leather jacket on top. I wore a pair of dark-wash jeans and some combat boots. I have been keeping my bad-ass look up all week and I was kind of longing to just wear my sweatpants and a big sweatshirt.

He led me over to his locker where the crew was.

"Sup shawty," said Felix, giving me a suggestive look.

"Paws off," grumbled Anthony.

Felix smirked and continued his conversation with Bridger and Daniel.

"This sucks ass," I heard Daniel say.

"Yeah that really is awful," added Bridger.

"What's awful?" I asked.

Daniel paused, looked at me then turned and looked at Anthony.

"The principal is giving us our punishment for the whole incident in the parking lot," he spoke.

"Seriously? What is it?" Anthony asked curiously.

"Wait what parking lot incident?" I asked.

"Don't you remember? When Anthony smashed your windows, and I got in a fight with Eric," Daniel said in a duh tone.

I nodded my head slowly in understanding. I made an "O" shape with my mouth and looked down at my shoes.

"Well Eric, Anthony and I are all getting punished by having to join a freaking club or sports team," he groaned.