Chapter 19 // Cheerleaders

Please comment especially if you want me to update more often ! This is a longer chapter, I'm sure everyone will enjoy it :)

Munro Chambers as Eric Thompson.

--

Alexis Romanos's point of view

I slammed the locker door shut for the last time that day. I adjusted my bag on my back and began making my way over to the turf fields to watch the spring lacrosse try outs.

Lacrosse was pretty big around this area and they had lacrosse leagues in high school for Fall, Winter and Spring. Fall wasn't too popular because it involved a lot of conditioning over the summer in order to start the season in the fall when school starts, so not many guys liked doing that. Winter was indoor so nobody came to support the games, but EVERYBODY went to the spring games. And I mean, EVERYBODY.

What if Daniel and Anthony didn't make the team? Then I guess they might actually have to do tennis..

"Hey are you ready?" asked someone from behind me. I spun around and smiled as I took Leslie's hand in mine.

"Yup! I'm kind of excited to watch!" I replied.

"Well that's good news. But I have some bad news," she said.

"Uh oh," I mumbled.

"Cheerleading team is gonna be there," she sighed.

"Great. Amanda and Rita and their whole possy," I groaned.

"They're practicing on the side of the field," she informed me.

"I hope Amanda gets hit in the head with a lacrosse ball. Maybe that would slap some humanity and kindness into her," I mumbled.

Leslie chuckled and shook her head. "C'mon let's go!".

We rushed towards the turf fields and found some front seats in the bleachers. There were already a good amount of girls in the stands behind us practically drooling over the boys.

I scowled and stood up, leaning against the metal chain fence that kept people from falling off the bleachers. I watched as the boys did endless push ups towards the side of the field closest to us.

I saw some boys struggling to work their arms fast enough with the coaches voice. Then, there was Anthony and Daniel. Both boys were side by side towards the end looking around at the girls and doing the push ups with ease. These boys were definitely something else..

"Hey," said someone, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Hi Travis," I smiled.

He leaned on the fence and gave me a cute smile.

"Having fun?" he asked.

"Yeah watching boys workout is always fun," I winked.

Travis playfully made a sour face and I laughed at his lack of maturity.

"I'm going to go get a hot dog from the concessions stand. You want anything?" he asked.

"An orange gatorade please!" I replied.

"Oh Travis I'll come with!" said Leslie, springing up from her seat on the bleachers. "I want to buy a slice of pizza,".

"Alright," he shrugged.

I looked towards the field and saw the guys passing the balls back and forth with their sticks. Anthony and Daniel were passing accurately to each other back and forth.

My phone buzzed in my pocket.

Eric Thompson

Hey, we need to speak privately like I said before. Can we meet up now? I know you're at lacrosse try outs.