Chapter 36

(Justin's POV)

I walked backstage not knowing what to feel at the moment. So many emotions all together, I didn't know if I wanted to yell or walk around completely miserable. I all I knew right now was that I needed to get rid of Selena...for good.

I don't why she just showed up here this morning she told me she was in Miami and that we needed to talk. I knew what she meant by we need to talk, of course every guy or even girl would assume someone is breaking up with them when they say that.

I thought that's what was going to happen in a few days; I wanted that to happen so for once I didn't have to be the bad guy in the situation. I always seem to do nothing but make Ariana sad and it's really getting to me. I'm not sure if being with her is the right thing anymore since somehow I always mess everything up.

Mixed fillings.

My eyes wandered around stage as I rushed through people trying to find Selena. My head turned every direction still not seeing her anywhere in sight but I finally spotted Fredo next to a nearby table of snacks.

"Hey bro, where's Selena?" I asked him after tapping on his shoulder to get his wanted attention.

"- Um I don't really know I saw her walk that way," He said pointing into the direction I just came from with his free hand.

I huffed before saying, "Thanks man," and patting him on the back. I walked back out shutting the door behind me looking up and down for Selena.

I was not only anxious but in a hurry to end it with her. I think a burden will be lifted off my shoulder as soon as it happens; I know it. I sniffles and cries that I knew were still Ariana's and sighed before walking up to the stage again.

As I approached, the door I heard the voice of someone's whose I know didn't belong to Ariana causing me to quickly swing the door open. I saw Selena embracing Ariana in a sweet hug and instantly cursed myself at the thought that they probably talked.

"Ariana-"I began to say but was interrupted by an angry Selena, just great.

"-Just how could you do this to not only her but me. You played both of us and that's just wrong." Selena said still holding Ariana in a hug. Ariana pulled away her tear stained face stared at mine for a moment and I sighed.

"I didn't play both of you Selena, it was just you. I always had feeling for Ariana and I thought if I dated you while I wasn't able to her that they'd go away but turns out they just go bigger. It was always just you," I muttered nothing that noting good would come with what I just said to her. It was silent and I was sure Ariana was now sad and pissed at me but this needed happen.

"Selena we need to break up," I muttered scratching the back of my head.

I heard her scuff before she grabbed her purse off the ground and threw it over her shoulder. "If you need someone to talk to feel free to call me Ari," She said turning towards her. "Justin," She replied in a blunt tone while nodding her head at me.

Her heels clicked on the ground as she walked out the room leaving just Ariana and I alone.

"-Ariana I,"

"No Justin," She said waving her hand at me. "I wanted you to break up with her but not like that. You sounded like a jerk," She scuffed standing up straight whipping her face.

"I just want to be left alone please," She tried to say calmly waving her hand at me indicating I should leave.

"Can we just talk please," I begged stepping closer to her.

"Justin I don't want to talk right now. Yes we can talk but not right now, I didn't like the way you treated her."

"I just can't win can I?" I admitted taking a deep sigh as I ran one of my hands through my hair. "I break up with her yet you're still mad at me. I thought that was what you wanted"

"I did-I just, I don't Justin it wasn't right.

"Ariana, I'm trying here I really am. Just tell me what I can do to make it right please, I don't want you to be upset with me." I breathed moving a strand of her hair from her face.

"Just give me some time," She said softly as she avoided my gaze.

I nodded my head even though I didn't agree with it; I left the room leaving her alone and instead of going backstage I wandered out the door and ran to the tour bus. Opening the black wide door I stepped into the cool air and plopped onto my soft mattress, and let out a frustrated sigh.

Everything was so complicated now I feel like I made it more complicated. I always seem to just make things worse than they should. I thought Ariana would be happy about me breaking up with Selena but she is right I probably shouldn't have done it that way or in front of her.

I pulled at the ends of my hair then heard the sound of the door opening again, I snapped my head in the direction of the door seeing Fredo step in with a few bags in his hand.

"Justin," He began to say as he threw the bags onto one of the bunks.

"I don't want to talk about it," I grunted turning on my side so that I was facing the wall.

"Well from what I know about the situation I'm going to give you some advice. Do something for Ariana and what I mean by that is plan a little romantic dinner or something for her, show her that you really do want her." He said as I heard him rustle through many bags probably looking for something.

I turned over my shoulder so that I could look at him then said, "Thanks man."

(Ariana's POV)

I sat there staring at the ceiling thinking about what just happened. I was probably overacting about the break up thing, Justin was right that was what I wanted to happen. Either way if he broke up with her in front of me or not he probably would have said the same thing.

I removed the hair tie that was wrapped around my wrist then gathered all my hair into a high ponytail tying it. I stood up and straightened out my outfit deciding I should probably go talk to Justin.

I walked out the room not hearing a single bit of being talked. I looked around not seeing many people backstage mostly them putting things up. My eyes scanned the room for Justin but I didn't see him so I assumed he was on the tour bus.

I played with my fingers as I wandered outside to the bus opening the door I saw Justin laying on one of the bunk beds and he snapped his head in my direction as soon as I opened the door.

"Ariana I'm so sorry I should've-" I interrupted him by hugging him tightly and he was surprised at first but soon wrapped his arms around me. I inhaled the scent of his cologne as I just laid my head on his chest not daring to say anything to ruin the moment.

"I'm sorry you we're right, I was just making things complicated I wanted you to break up with her and that's what you did so I shouldn't be mad. As for the kiss it's not your fault she told me that you didn't know she was coming so...." I said looking down as I played with my fingers.

Justin was about to say something but the sound of my phone ringing filled the air causing me to groan loudly. I quickly looked at the caller ID and confusion filled my face as I read that it was Luke.

Authors Note -

Hope you liked the chapter.

- Ashlyn