Visitors

Tduxyuzjsnnfnf 'Tis my birthday tomorrow--

---Nightmare's POV----

I rushed down the stairs as fast as I could, vaulting over the banister at the last few steps before sprinting into the living room where my four partners were stood.

Dust. A lone skeleton survivor of the apocalypse. He'd been fighting his way through infected cities with only a few weapons in an attempt to find somewhere safe to stay. He had started his journey with his younger brother, Papyrus. But he was forced to shoot him after he got bitten by a zombie when they tried to escape an infested building they thought was empty. He kills every zombie he sees now. For his brother he says.

Horror. Also a skeleton, was left fighting for survival after his brother betrayed him and lead him into a nest of zombies down an underground station. A zombie had attacked him and managed to bite his skull, resulting in it getting infected. Deciding he'd risk dying, he had smashed a chunk out of his own skull, miraculously getting rid of all the infected area before the virus could take over his body. He later found out that his brother had died, mauled to death by zombies.

Killer. The youngest of our group. He'd always traveled solo, never with anyone else. Somehow he'd managed to slip through eight cities before he got here, staying in the shadows and dark instead of fighting his way through. His parents had worked in Craitown, and were some of the first people to get infected by the Nuclear blast.

Error. Something no one can explain happened to him. He was in Craitown at the time of the nuclear blast, and the explosion infected him with a different type of virus. Glitches. Glitches and Error signs surround his body, giving him the appearance of a breaking robot. He then joined a group of survivors, but one by one they either died or got infected. Until soon it was just him left.

And then there's me. Nightmare. My story is a little different from the others. Back near the beginning of the apocalypse I got bitten. My brother and I had been all alone, seeking shelter in the rain when a rogue zombie tackled me down and bit down on my upper arm, infecting me immediately. Dream -my brother- had fought off the zombie and then immediately dragged me to the nearest building, which happened to be a lab where survivors were trying to make a cure. They needed a test subject, but it had to be a freshly bitten. And none of them wanted to get bitten themselves to test it.

Having nothing to loose I volunteered, knowing that this could be my only chance of not becoming a zombie. The scientists injected me with their current 'antidote' and then waited, waited for results. And oh boy, they got results alright. Just not what they were planning...

It was my fifth day of the trial. Five days since I'd had the antidote injected into me. And I was starting to feel ill. The scientists immediately rushed me to the emergency room, only to have me throw up what looked like black slime all over myself. It tasted wretched and left a bile-like feeling in my mouth. And then before I knew it I was throwing up uncontrollably, choking on  the black slime that started oozing from my body, covering all of me. I can remember the agonising pain that built up in my back before my ribs snapped, and out burst four monstrous tentacles form my back. My right eye was gone, only my left one being able to see. And I felt as if I had lost all emotions. I was empty.

Sure I was cured. I've been like this for a couple of moths now. But the outcome was so horrendous that the scientists put off the idea of making a different cure.

So that's us.

Somehow all five of us managed to get together and find this massive abandoned mansion that we've now claimed as our own. We've fixed it up, built borderline defences, and stocked up on all sorts of food. Error reckons that if we're sensible with our supplies, we could last almost a year here.