The Kiss

❤️💜3K MMMMMMMMM💜❤️

---Cross' POV----

I woke up, forgetting what had happened last night. I shifted slightly, only to freeze as I felt my face press against something warm and...alive.

I looked up slowly, feeling my face flush as I saw Nightmare's sleeping face  only inches from mine.

His breathing was soft and calm, his expression peaceful. I wanted to take a picture of his expression, capture that moment forever.

Suddenly a dark chuckle escaped him, making me jolt.

"Enjoying the view, Crossy~?"

I squeaked, quickly burying my face into his chest as I shook my head rapidly. "N-No!"

He chuckled again, wrapping his arms around me as he cuddled me closer. "You're so cute~"

I felt my face flush and I squirmed slightly, his words making me flustered. "No I'm not..."

He nuzzled me, humming. "You might not think you are, but I do..."

I blushed more, snuggling closer in his arms as I let out a soft yawn. "Why are you so nice to me...?" I asked, sighing softly.

"Because I know that you don't deserve this. I've told you this, remember?"

I nodded, smiling at his words. "I love it when you talk to me like that..."

"Like what?"

"Like I'm the same as you guys..." I whispered, gazing up at him admiringly.

"You are the same as us Cross..." He murmured, stroking my cheek softly.

"No I'm not..." I looked down at my arm. "You treat me as if I'm not infected...as if I won't change suddenly and attack you...you treat me as a-a friend..."

He hugged me tightly, smiling. "You are my friend, Cross. You always will be."

I blushed, resting my head on his shoulder. "You make me so happy..." I whispered.

Nightmare grinned, nuzzling me. "I guess I'm doing something right then~"

I nodded. "Something very right."

Nightmare yawned softly, sitting up. "You hungry? Cuz I am."

I giggled, sitting up next to him. "Yeah, I am pretty hungry."

"Anything in particular you want?" He asked, flicking my nose ridge.

I blinked rapidly and sneezed softly, leaning away from him. "Well...back before the apocalypse started...my favourite thing in the world to eat, other than chocolate, was tacos."

"Tacos?"

I nodded, smiling up at him.

He went silent, thinking for a moment as he pet my head silently. "You know what? I think we might have a few taco kits down in the main kitchen..."

My eyes widened and I looked up at him hopefully. "R-Really?"

He nodded, smirking. "I could go check if you'd like?"

I nodded feverishly, blushing lightly.

He chuckled, yawning before he stood up and grabbed his hoodie from the edge of the bed.

I got after him as well, holding onto the bed frame shakily as I let my vision focus and my balance righten.

Nightmare stayed right by my side, holding onto my waist lightly so that I could steady myself. "You okay?"