Healing

❤️💜2K YAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYA💜❤️

---Nightmare's POV----

I didn't really know what to do. After Cross' little episode he went all shaky, hugging himself tightly and staying away from me. It seemed as if he was scared he'd hurt me, or that I'd hurt him.

"Cross?"

He flinched, curling up in the blankets and tugging them tighter around his shoulders.

"Cross...it's okay..." I whispered, sitting down next to him. "You can fight it...I know you can." I knew it wasn't good to encourage him, yet the strong likeness to Dream was clouding my judgement.

He whimpered, shaking his head. "Y-You don't understand! M-My mind doesn't belong to m-me! I-I'm not myself!"

Sighing, I opened my arms for him. Every time Dream used to have breakdown I'd hold him close, rock him in my lap until his sniffles calmed down and he fell asleep. It had become a weekly occurrence after.. the event.

Instantly he tackled me down, flinging his arms around me as he sobbed into my chest. "I-I don't want to b-become a zombie..." He mumbled, clinging to me tightly.

"You won't be, I promise..." I murmured as I rubbed his back softly before kissing his cheek.

His face flushed purple and I froze, blushing as well as I realised what I had done.

"I-I'm sorry." I muttered. "I-I'll just go..." I shifted him off of me and walked to the door, stepping out and closing it behind me.

"N-Nightmare wait!" Cross called.

I ignored him, shaking my head. I could not get messed up in this. I'm only keeping this whole bite thing a secret because of how terrified he is. I'm just comforting him over his last days of being sane...and then he'll turn...

I growled to myself, glaring at nothing as I walked down the main stairway. I blinked in confusion upon seeing Error, Killer and Horror crowded around one of the main windows.

"Hey, uh...guys?"

They all turned around upon hearing my voice, waving me over before looking back at the window.

"What is it?"

"Just Dust." Horror said, going on his toes to see more.

A shot rang out and I nearly panicked, thinking about how I left Cross alone upstairs.

"Don't worry." Killer said, rolling his eyes. "He's not after your zombie. There's a rouge group that's gathered outside and he's gone out to kill them all."

"Oh." I visibly relaxed, joining the others at the window where I could see Dust outside the gate perimeter, shooting down the mob of about fifteen zombies.

"He shouldn't have gone out of the defences alone..." I muttered, gripping onto the windowsill as we continued to watch Dust shoot them down one by one.

Horror blinked, looking over at the forest that surrounded the east side of the mansion. "Shit."

"What is it?" I asked, looking over at where he was pointing.

Instantly I froze.

Emerging from the shadows the trees gave off, were zombies.

Hundreds of them.

They slowly stumbled out of the shadows, groaning and snarling.

We watched as they saw the other group of zombies, instantly noticing Dust and making a beeline for him.